Cursed Lands version 0.8.9

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.7.0

Post by jack1974 »

Did a BIG update today. Sadly no, not yet act 2 :oops:
However thanks to renke who did a really good job in testing now I fixed a lot of bugs and tweaked everything. I am not going to be able to spend months "balancing" the game, but still I think now should be more difficult for example to kill all 4 vampire lieutenant on first fullmoon, etc.
Also added more item drops and removed most of the SP/HP regen jewelry since that one was really too powerful. You can read the full list of changes on first post.
Unless there's some serious bugs, I plan to do the next update only when I fully code the second act. Hopefully by end of month or early February :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

hey, found my password again : )

as this is a crash I thought the forum is a better place: new game, choose race -> BAMM!

Exception: Screen NewTalent2 is not known.

(eta: do you need the full traceback?)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol of course. Nah a super easy fix :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cursed Lands version 0.7.1

Post by jack1974 »

Well, I just did another update haha. There were a couple minor fixes needed, since it would impact gameplay a lot (in particular all characters getting dual wield bonus was a big problem as you can imagine ! :lol:)
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Darn! I got caught up with work I forgot to send you a list of all of the grammatical and spelling errors that I saw so far. Sorry about that. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well there's still time, it's not like the game will be out tomorrow :) so when you have time feel free to post.
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

I got as far as my second arena battle before I hit an exception. My attempt to rollback crashed the game completely.
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1495, in <module>
File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 935, in getLoot
File "game/RPG framework/Core/item.rpy", line 596, in cW
File "game/RPG framework/Core/item.rpy", line 698, in parse
KeyError: u'Item not in list: Broadsword'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\main.py", line 499, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\execution.py", line 795, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 904, in script call
File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 1366, in script call
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1495, in script
�8r…vԍQ�T��Up��#�BE({�P��ge�4#O9�t ͽ�f&�̢4��pJ���lF��9��;����^Y�\d���M�K��Kyi�_m} ��������AM����F�(��@�E�>y�uZ��� ��~"�yy�u��� ��"� �Ay�"Z^U�\:�Ն
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\Cursed Lands pre-order\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 1495, in <module>
File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 935, in getLoot
File "game/RPG framework/Core/item.rpy", line 596, in cW
File "game/RPG framework/Core/item.rpy", line 698, in parse
KeyError: u'Item not in list: Broadsword'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Which reads to me like I was supposed to get a broadsword as loot (I had just won the battle).

On the plus side, loading the auto-save of the crash rerolled the loot (padded armor) and I was able to continue on my merry way.

In other news, my poor elf has magic shifting battle hair, by which I mean that, during combat, the hair sprite is out of alignment with the face.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the first bug is as you said, I used a wrong keyword in the loot!
For the second could you send me the savegame? I haven't seen that behavior before so I think could be a specific case :) thanks
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

If I'm making a list of typos and grammatical errors do you want it sent to you in batches as I go, or for me to wait until I've gotten through a whole playthrough? I'm just making a .txt file listing problems, and I figured I could email it. (I'm guessing your script is broken into a bunch of separate .rpy files that get compiled in the end instead of one massive document anyway...)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I prefer to get it all at once, so I can look at it from start to finish in one session. Thanks :)