Cursed Lands alpha demo 0.6.3

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Cursed Lands alpha demo 0.6.3

Post by jack1974 »

http://www.macgames.biz/games/CursedLan ... -steam.zip

don't get too excited: the game won't be out BEFORE NEXT YEAR (and not EARLY next year!) :oops:

What's New in 0.6.3
- removed the option to change race from the portrait screen since was confusing/buggy. Might add scar/tattoes/lipstick or other stuff later :)
- removed the auto-forward default text option
- fixed some typos
- fixed crash when unequipping the default items (related to the new feature of marking new acquired items with a small white (i) icon)
- lowered the delay on all player's social talents, if they're too powerful perhaps is better to make them cost more SP. Some like FosterDoubt that give player an item and set target SP to zero are really powerful, but they already cost 5 SP, and won't always work (plus there's the penalty) so I think reducing the delay makes sense. Those who were 20 are now 15, while those who were 30 are now 20.
- change party minimum size to 4 for first encounters to avoid the bug of adding a fourth only for the vampire battle (I think it happens becase they're not real party characters buy NPCs). This way you need to use all 4 :mrgreen:

What's New in 0.6.2
- fixed crash when enemies attempted to use an AOE skill

You can play up to when you recruit a "full team", so sadly you can't see Jasper. I think, not sure since the game is quite open, but if I remembe well you can't.
Registration/purchase obviously doesn't work :) I'm not going to sell a game that it's so behind!
The first camp talk are written by me, so don't be scared :mrgreen: there are already several other scenes written by the game writer but I wanted to keep them for later.
I'm not sure honestly if with grinding you can reach high levels. I finished the demo playing normally and I was around level 5-6, but if you do the arena fights every day... not sure!

Any kind of feedback is welcome but I don't plan on updating the build often, since I want to keep going coding the remaining stuff, and there's A LOT left. Demo is probably 15% of the whole game content (in term of writing, in term of gameplay probably bigger since I don't know how big will be the castle infiltration missions yet).

And now I'm going to melt in this crap heat again :cry:
Pace675
Druid

Re: Cursed Lands alpha demo 0.6.1

Post by Pace675 »

Yay! Does happy dance! Jack is writing again yay! D
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

BTW
Spoiler:
Did Karen's breasts get bigger?! :shock: :twisted: :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Pace675 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 pm Yay! Does happy dance! Jack is writing again yay! D
Wait to see the results first :lol:
And no, Karen's breasts are same size, I reused the same identical art of Loren. But indeed I thought the same. Loren was so long ago that we forgot how magnificent Karen breasts were! :twisted: :twisted:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Amazon battles!

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 494, in script call
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 863, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1419, in script
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1423, in <module>
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 789, in getActions
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/character.rpy", line 1059, in getAction
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/ai_new.rpy", line 36, in getAction
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/ai_new.rpy", line 335, in reduceTargetList
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 494, in script call
  File "game/gameflow.rpy", line 863, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1419, in script
  File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\CursedLands-0.6.1-steam\CursedLands-0.6.1-steam\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Users\User\Downloads\CursedLands-0.6.1-steam\CursedLands-0.6.1-steam\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1423, in <module>
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/enviroment.rpy", line 789, in getActions
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/character.rpy", line 1059, in getAction
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/ai_new.rpy", line 36, in getAction
  File "game/RPG framework/Core/ai_new.rpy", line 335, in reduceTargetList
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 am don't get too excited: the game won't be out BEFORE NEXT YEAR (and not EARLY next year!) :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
jack1974 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 am The first camp talk are written by me, so don't be scared :mrgreen:
Knew ya had it in ya, Brother! Seriously, keep doin that; as I've said before your prev. games were all masterpieces, esp. BH! :)
jack1974 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 am I'm not sure honestly if with grinding you can reach high levels. I finished the demo playing normally and I was around level 5-6, but if you do the arena fights every day... not sure!
Waaaaaaaaah! :cry: I call myself "The Jimi Hendrix of Games" 'cause I'm all about experience... Please change that!

But yeah, CAN'T WAIT to see this in full action!!! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the report, it's 99% sure to be due to the new "6 enemies in a row" feature I added :) It was an Arena battle I guess?
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:57 am Thanks for the report, it's 99% sure to be due to the new "6 enemies in a row" feature I added :) It was an Arena battle I guess?
Correct.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

BobTheMob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 am Waaaaaaaaah! :cry: I call myself "The Jimi Hendrix of Games" 'cause I'm all about experience... Please change that!
I only said I'm not sure, because I didn't have time to do the battles. But could be possible, since depends how much opponents and the difficulty you choose, and of course with how many characters you fight. It's quite "open", so impossible to make an exact estimate. The good thing is of course that you don't NEED to do it to beat the game (after QoT I learned my lesson haha).
BobTheMob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 am But yeah, CAN'T WAIT to see this in full action!!! 8)
Unfortunately will take some time. Anyway, it was still useful to spot some early bugs like the one Pace found :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha fun thing, the crash you found is not because I enlarged enemies to allow 6 enemies in a row, but because the party now has only 4 member in a row :mrgreen: Anyways, I think I fixed it.