development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

development thread

Post by jack1974 »

So... yes I've reused some GUI parts from SOTW, but I needed to put something together quickly on the screen to "visualize" the changes and the character screen layout.
I think didn't turn out bad after all. Helps that the character's on screen is particularly attractive :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The leftmost empty portrait is the one of the protagonist, for which I don't have the art yet.
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: development thread

Post by BobTheMob »

Blademaster--does that mean she dual wields like Loren?

That'd OWN to see once more!!! :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the sprite she has only one sword, but in the actual game I can have her dual wield. Still need to design lot of stuff!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

voilà, added a second sword. Now she's a true blademaster! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Another one of my favorite characters:
I picked Nuala name randomly but looking online it's an Irish name that means "fair shouldered, exceptionally lovely" and I think fits her well! :o :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
voilà, added a second sword. Now she's a true blademaster! :mrgreen:
And a true BADASS, w/ that "I'm gonna slice you to ribbons, and I'm gonna have fun doing it!" smile! :twisted:
jack1974 wrote:Image
I picked Nuala name randomly but looking online it's an Irish name that means "fair shouldered, exceptionally lovely" and I think fits her well! :o :mrgreen:
Couldn't agree more, Jack! Gonna be a tough call which of 'em to romance first! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Larik is the Dunemarchers' Chief. He has a big axe. Don't make Larik angry :o :shock: :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Dasyra is a very sweet and cute dwarf :) Her personal quest is very cool.
No you can't romance her for same reasons you couldn't romance Dora in Loren :mrgreen: you can be her friend though!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Gotta know, w/ all these skills shown, Jack: will we ever see automatic kindsa things again, like there had been in Loren?

Things like increasing HP by various percentages like one could for Warriors or making it possible to increase the chances of parries like w/ Sauzer? Those were awesome, really useful things! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Passive skills you mean, the main character has one depending on the starting race!