development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Madance
Druid

Re: development thread

Post by Madance »

I've seen it now! Thanks!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

this morning was surprisingly cool, so was very productive :)
As said before, I am "only" having six equipment slots in this game: head, chest, ring, main,secondary,ranged weapons.
I am also going to add several new item icons I've commissioned :) like the fire bow Phoenix above.
Of course lot of stuff is still work in progress!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Phoenix Bow looks awesome; wid (PHILLY-Speak) the spikes it looks like it could be used even as a melee weapon, maybe as a stabbing and/or slashing thing. That'd be cool to see!!! :twisted:

Also, will there be legendary kinds of weapons specific for each character like in LTAP and SOTW?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in addition to some items that could be used by more than 1 character, there'll be specific weapons for each character in the party :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

finished coding the item comparison panel, I think should be quite clear as it is now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

recruitment screen finished
and "town screen" too. I'm going to have more variety of activities you can do in each location vs Loren. There will still be the various city tasks to improve Fame (in this game I used the term Reputation) to get discounts in shops.

Today was a very fresh day here and I was 200% more productive than usual as you noticed! :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:48 pm Image
The term here should be spelled "Capital" since "Capitol" refers to a building in a city.
jack1974 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:48 pm and "town screen" too. I'm going to have more variety of activities you can do in each location vs Loren. There will still be the various city tasks to improve Fame (in this game I used the term Reputation) to get discounts in shops.
That sounds fun! :)
What kinds of activities will there be, or is that still up in the air?

Also, I've noticed there haven't been any gems or anything like that. Will there be things that can be sold as pure profit in this?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks will change that :)
The activities are the ones listed above, then if you choose training you'll be able to pick a battle with different enemies to grind for XP.
Since this game plays in a limited number of days, at least you can grind as much as you want each day (so hopefully people won't complain too much like they did in SOTW).

There are gems and other precious things you can sell for profit.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

progress has been very slow in past days due to some personal errands and the INSANE HEAT that arrived even before than usual (in past years was only July the crazy hot month, this year already from half-June was >30°C every day!).
So I'm only doing simple stuff like new items design and layout tweaks. I think I have enough things to do an alpha demo but at this point I'm thinking to make a longer demo, including some of the first storylines/quests :)
KagenNoTsuki
Young scout

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

jack1974 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 am Image
progress has been very slow in past days due to some personal errands and the INSANE HEAT that arrived even before than usual (in past years was only July the crazy hot month, this year already from half-June was >30°C every day!).
So I'm only doing simple stuff like new items design and layout tweaks. I think I have enough things to do an alpha demo but at this point I'm thinking to make a longer demo, including some of the first storylines/quests :)
Insane heat at > 30°C lol, here in Texas from the first week of June until the first week of September is always over 30°C (86 Fh) it's normal for every single day in August to be 40°C or over (104 Fh)

So basically, stop being a wuss and get to making those games! :lol: