development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: development thread

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:46 pm Image

What are each of those? They look cool.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Too long to explain. You'll see in the alpha demo :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Expanding the tutorial to explain the new mechanics. Lol, that's clearly an arrogant zombie, you can see from his facial expression... even if half of his face is melting away :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

https://twitter.com/pcmacgames/status/8 ... 0770635777
Some male human/elf portrait sketches :)

edit: oops they were too big, just linking to the twitter post then :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

coding the first "boss fight" early in the story, which is a sort of tutorial on how to use the social talents (you'll need to use it to win this battle). I should be able to make an alpha version as soon as I get the portraits art :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Coding those battles is going to be a major pain (lol as usual). I need to tweak the battles to take into account several things, a bit like SOTW:
- triggering cutscenes in which the boss enemy talks to the protagonist: if protagonist is KO, must delay triggering it :lol: (would be fun to see the enemy talking to someone lying on the ground KO haha)
- balance the fight, so that enemies aren't too strong but neither too weak (low HP) so the talents can be actually applied. In particular in the first fight since it's a sort of tutorial and you MUST use the talent to win it. For the other boss fights you will also be able to kill the boss in the "old good way" (beating the crap out of him/her lol).

Still even in the latter fight there will be several checks - and each one could trigger a specific cutscene. So, lots of things to consider about. Sigh why I didn't just make another simple standard RPG :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just some Karen screenshots showing once again how much she rules. Between her, Arianna and Vin would be a hard contest to the hottest MILF of Aravorn!! :twisted: Though for sure she's the one with more balls-ahem, "leadership" :mrgreen:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

(Even if she had balls, I would still dig her xD) Well, she is brave and have a lot of courage all right, I still think she is the hottest in whole Aravorn, Milf or not xD
Only Chamby's awesomeness can beat this woman, but Chalassa's fierce atittude comes very(and I mean VERY) close. UH! So many hot gals for me to judge! I'm such a useless lesbian ^__^"
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Why is she calling him "human"? Isn't Karen a human too?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yep noticed that too. I think she's referring to the human empire obviously but still it's weird. I'll change that to soldier :)