development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you can do what you want. You can skip grinding completely if you want, and probably in Easy difficulty you'll still be able to beat it.
I am aiming to balance the game so that in Normal difficuly you can just do the plot battles and still win it (not easily). Then it's up to everyone how much grinding they want to do (especially at higher difficulty levels).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 am Also, started coding the arena fights, also known as "The Grinder's Paradise" :lol: :lol:
As said already the game has a specific number of days, but differently from SOTW you won't feel so rushed.
Nice, as long as we can endlessly grind like in Loren w/ the Truth Temple or the Orcish Wastes! :)
jack1974 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 am In practice after you do the events of the day, if you want you can go in the arena and do some extra fights to grind for XP, however to prevent madness like people reaching the Loren's final boss fights TEN LEVELS above the enemy, I won't let players regenerate HP or SP.
...Or not...! :evil:
:cry: Jack, why do you insist on dashing people hopes of pure grindin??? :cry:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The HP/SP doesn't regenerate even in the normal missions (only team members in reserve) but the real limit will be 3 fights/day. There are 100 in-game days, so you can do 300 extra grinding battles. I think it should be enough!!! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

going against those giant war bears only in 2 might not be the smartest idea :mrgreen:
In practice each day you have 3 battles you can do - doesn't matter if you win or lose. Though of course if you lose you get no XP. You can play safe and fight some goblins, or try for harder enemies. Also depends how many enemy you choose to fight (from 1 to 5).
Though I know people will be save-scumming anyway :o
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Does this part take place in Dingirra?

Reminds me of that, w/ animals fighting as well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, I just used the same arena background - I should get another one, if I have time/money :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added the Amazons Citadel location, with its own arena. I think will have 3-4 different places with an arena where you can train and each one will have slightly different enemies :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added more tutorial/help screens in the map

and while looking for potential new team members near Grandtree, you stumble into this giant beast sleeping. What do you do? :mrgreen:
1. kick the giant beast in the nuts
2. run away screaming "FEAR"
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:15 am Image
and while looking for potential new team members near Grandtree, you stumble into this giant beast sleeping. What do you do? :mrgreen:
Well this does bring up a q., Jack: Any chance we'll be able to recruit/adopt wild creatures as allies?

In LTAP we were able to adopt Trouble, so maybe something like that here? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No there's no more space in the character screen :lol: maybe in a future game though since I like the idea.