development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Like all ranged weapons you can equip only one gun at once, also because otherwise they would be too powerful!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wonder who Galan is referring to. Young at the times of this game? Dual wielding? I think I know someone... :wink:
Atianus
Young scout

Post by Atianus »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:31 am Image
taking a break from heavy coding today to add a few extra scenes to the game. There are already several camp talk scenes, but I'm adding a few more (I'll ask writer to double check them of course) because I KNOW that people want more of them :twisted:
I think the correct form is shamans not shamen.
You win some, you lose some. You just lost some.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes thanks, I already corrected it in the game :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:08 am Image
I wonder who Galan is referring to. Young at the times of this game? Dual wielding? I think I know someone... :wink:
If it is indeed the raven-haired Princess will we get to see her at any point?

Could be interesting to see how Loren came to be. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I have a version of Loren when she is very young (a kid) since this game takes place 13 years before Loren. While I never decided how old Loren is in the first game, if we say she is 22-23 years old, in this game she would be 9-10 years old :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Finished both nagas first "camp talk". Now I could make the game demo. Of course I'm going to send the texts to the writer first.
I am not sure if doing the demo right now is a good idea though. I mean, it will be useful to test the combat and spot some bugs. But then, people will probably need to wait 6 months before the game is finished :o
I mean I'll keep working on it, I have a lot of side quests and camp talk to code. But I still need the main parts of the story from the writer, and without those the game story can't go on :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:46 am Image
Finished both nagas first "camp talk". Now I could make the game demo. Of course I'm going to send the texts to the writer first.
I am not sure if doing the demo right now is a good idea though. I mean, it will be useful to test the combat and spot some bugs. But then, people will probably need to wait 6 months before the game is finished :o
I mean I'll keep working on it, I have a lot of side quests and camp talk to code. But I still need the main parts of the story from the writer, and without those the game story can't go on :mrgreen:
TL;DR

Such. A. Tease! :evil:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:46 am Image
Heh, LOVE that twisted smirk o' hers as she says that! :twisted:

Is Sylrissa always this warped??? :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Pace675 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:40 pm Such. A. Tease! :evil:
No in this case no teasing. Initially I just wanted to code the battle, like the QoT "battle demo" I did one year before its release. But then, a bit for the heat and other various issues, all the other games in the works didn't make much progress. So instead of staying idle, obviously I kept working on this game, and now I'm at a point where what I've done so far it's almost of "final quality" but I can't go past a certain point because the main plot (castle infiltration missions) is still not written :mrgreen:
So once again depends mainly on how fast the writer finishes the missing parts.