development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Re: development thread

Post by SirSlothMan »

Sylrissaaaaa! Cant wait for her route, she seems like a really fun character (not to mention hot snek wife material!) that im looking forward to the most in game. Also dang, 260k words huh? Good luck with all that, i'm eager to play the final version of the game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

260k it's an estimate, I am not sure how long the last part will be. I will just write it as I think will work without thinking too much about wordcount :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

started to add the second full moon events (I'm still missing a part but writer said would get them to me this month). I believe next month I could have this coded, and then the game will be 70-75% finished (this part has all the personal quests, 3-4 camp talk, etc, the biggest part of the game).
Also, at 245k words right now :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the Grand Mogul has taken interest in saving Grimoire too... oops, must not tell more because of spoilers!
I'm coding the big final battle of act 2, after this is done I'll be at very good point. Still I think the act2 will be available in beta not sooner than the end of the month since I need to do various testing/checks (damn open-world games! :lol:).
Anyway, 247k word right now. The 260-270k total for the whole game seems a good estimate :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added some GUI info about the big fullmoon 2 battle. It might be a bit immersion breaking maybe, but at least you know how many undead you still need to kill before you win :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

SIGH... why I can't romance her!??! :cry: :cry:
I'm joining the ranks of the players too this time. I adore this character design, she looks too cool!!! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

coded the end of act 2 boss fight ! :)
It plays in an interesting way, she will keep summoning undead, but every time it happens the undead and her will grow weaker. It's done through cutscenes since this engine doesn't support "summoning enemies" (one of the biggest flaw of it, but I can't complain).
So the first stages all you can do is trying to survive, and then strike back. Though I'm pretty sure I'll read in forums someone that in Nightmare level has managed to kill her in 8 rounds with bombs or something! :mrgreen:

Now I'm only waiting for some more scenes from the writer, and meanwhile I'll keep writing Enok and Jasper romance scenes. The game is now basically 60-70% finished, only missing some scenes to put together the whole act 2.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am Image
SIGH... why I can't romance her!??! :cry: :cry:
I'm joining the ranks of the players too this time. I adore this character design, she looks too cool!!! :mrgreen:
Just promise us she will be romanceable in a future game, Jack! :mrgreen:

Otherwise, expect trouble... :evil:

Just kiddin...maybe.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha considering you can't avoid killing her (differently from the vampire lieutenants), I doubt we'll see it again in future, sorry :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm almost finished with Enok's storyline and I'm around 254k words unedited. So at this point, since there's also half of Jasper storyline and then the last act (which is shorter but still) I think a better estimate will be 270-280k words total :shock: