development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
Madance
Druid

Re: development thread

Post by Madance »

I don't know whose artist was responsible to make such awesome backgrounds, but I always loved them!
Also, nowadays, I think the coloring/shading of a drawing(Background or characters) is like 70% of the artwork, since we can have different drawing styles, but the colors and details are the ones who makes them look really beautiful!

I'm really glad I bought this game, I cannot wait for it to be complete! IT WILL BE GREAT! =DDDDD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's actually 3 different artists :) But yes they all do a good job indeed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today the main writer sent me the act2 sidequests edited. I'm only missing one Enok scene edited to do act2, but I might do it anyway (I mean it's not worth delaying it just for 1 scene).
I still need to code a few battles, so I'm not 100% sure I'll manage to do the new build this weekend but shouldn't be much longer.
In act2 you can do all the rescue missions, 1-2 camp talk dialogue for everyone, see some characters CG (nothing hot yet though, sorry), do some optional sidequests, battle the Kraken and explore a desert tomb, and of course fight a vampire captain and any remaining lieutenants from the first full moon :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

started coding one of the sidequests: clear the dwarf mine from the goblins :mrgreen: (featuring yet another new background)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

and there's nothing better than kill again some "old character enemies" :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I've started coding act 3, or better reviewing since I had already coded a big part of it. There's a big political storyline in it, and as I already posted before, I like it. Something I want to add also in future games. Here's the Envoy is talking with an ex military man:
...who obviously doesn't know the BASICS!! Of course a Longsword +4 is better and is going to let me win the fight?! what kind of military man he is?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

OMG!!!!
I loved it! I mean, one thing that adds a lot of flavor and personality to a game is adding political plots and other matters that help us, the players, to immerse ourselves in the game. When I was playing SOTW for example, I was fascinated with Dingirra government and social behavior, when I played PSCD, I loved that I could just put a leash in all aliens races, and the consequences of those things, and to see another interesting political plot around Cursed Lands is like music to my ears.

BRING IT ON! =)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, glad I'm not the only one to like such things :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today got Enok's path edited so I'm going to script it, then will be only Jasper left, act 3 and epilogues. So not much left :)
Here Enok is describing a very practical way to obtain a rare fish in the dangerous lizardmen area :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm on a roll so here are more screenshots from his route: