custom character feedback

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm

would be OK to have the fully customizable character seen as portrait only?

You may select 1 option

View results

DarkWolf
Druid

Re: custom character feedback

Post by DarkWolf »

While what Franka says is true, and there is even a tag on VNDB protagonist with a face because of how often this is done, I think it is mostly done in slice of life BxG VNs and is a lot more rare for this to happen in more serious VNs and It practically never happens in Yuri/Yaoi japanese VNs.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Oh! I know the romance CGs are already done sometime ago. So, I would love to throw in my vote for having a portrait of the main character on the side during dialogues, for example. That would be good. I'd like to get an impression of my player character. :)
DarkWolf wrote:I think it is mostly done in slice of life BxG VNs and is a lot more rare for this to happen in more serious VNs and It practically never happens in Yuri/Yaoi japanese VNs.
This is right. First person view or the "third-person but faceless" variant, majorly occurs in BxG VNs almost exclusively. The reason is obvious. Most male players enjoy self-inserting heavily in these games. For VNs aimed at girls (otome), it's less often done I think, as I believe women relate better from seeing clear romance visuals. And in Yuri/Yaoi, everyone (those who play it) is there to see the "Girl x Girl" or "Boy x Boy" action, so covering things up defeats the purpose.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks I didn't know about this :)
Well already contacted artist about the portraits but I am not in a rush (still doing all the various skills and RPG stuff first).
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Yes!
I loved that the QOT permited us, players, to customize our characters(even if was purelly asthetical), and the itens descriptions... I swear, they were one of the best things of the whole game!