About this game

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About this game

Post by jack1974 »

In that context human means "Human Empire" :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Haha, so almost one year after this post, some news: writer started doing friendship talks, which are different from romances. You can befriend any party member and get a bonus. Romance is another separate step. This way you can unlock that character specific bonus even if you're not interested in a romantic relationship :)
One question, can you presue a romance with one character and a friendship with another in a same time?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes they're separated. In practice you can befriend everyone if you want (I am thinking an achievement for that already lol) but romance just one person as usual :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Temporary mockup for the "main hub screen":
after the game intro, you'll be able to travel to several places to talk with characters, start some recruit missions, etc :)
I almost forgot about this game haha, writer should be start working on the final stages of the main story before end of year.
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

jack1974 wrote:Temporary mockup for the "main hub screen":
after the game intro, you'll be able to travel to several places to talk with characters, start some recruit missions, etc :)
I almost forgot about this game haha, writer should be start working on the final stages of the main story before end of year.
Oh I like it. The magical look fits perfectly with the setting.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've started to put the texts into renpy format (writer sent me formatted but not 100% checked). The story is not finished, but since this is a step I had to do anyway, I thought to do it now while I wait for other things. It's already quite long, 100k words and probably about 60-70% finished :mrgreen:

Anyways, I forgot just how good this game writing was. I like this sentence, very true:
"As a professional storyteller, there is a constant contradiction that I have constantly observed. People love a hero who does the impossible, someone who inspires them to be better than they really are. But people also love someone who is relatable, someone who they can look at and see some of themselves in. It is a paradox: they want someone who is like them, but simultaneously better than them."
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Anyways, I forgot just how good this game writing was. I like this sentence, very true:
"As a professional storyteller, there is a constant contradiction that I have constantly observed. People love a hero who does the impossible, someone who inspires them to be better than they really are. But people also love someone who is relatable, someone who they can look at and see some of themselves in. It is a paradox: they want someone who is like them, but simultaneously better than them."
That's a quote from the game? Or from the writer?

I ask since you said directly before that about the writing in the game being excellent.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's from the game, it's a sort of bard talking :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Will the bard be a playable character? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's the main character. But he/she is not a "bard". A bit hard to explain now, you'll need to see for yourself :)