About this game

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About this game

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yeah. I really like the writing so far! There are some really dark characters, like Galan, he did TERRIBLE things in his past or grey ones like the Nagas indeed which are fighting against their own nature. It's quite cool. Honestly if writer can keep going like this, I think this game beta might be out early next year or even sooner :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Glad to hear it, it's nice to see some more grey area being tackled with personalities and actions etc.

*shakes pom poms* Go writer go!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Speaking with a dev friend, discovered that apparently the CYOA guys are super protective of the term, so even if I was just using it as reference I'll stop using it from now... also because, this game has a party and a real combat later in the story, so using that term would be wrong anyway :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Interesting layout of the characters you've shown us! (Blog post)

When you can, I hope we can get to see the rest of the recruitable characters (Pirates, Amazons, Nomads). It's a little exciting to think about what sort of party you'd like to set up, since you can only choose 1 from each group to join you. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have a correction to make, the romanceable character will be recruitable anyway. Like if you pick another one the first time, you'll be able to get them later in another quest (just the one which can be romanced).
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Will that be true of regardless of character gender? Or all romance options?
For example a male character could still get the Amazon and Vaeril later, or just Nuala and Jasper? Also the Nagas are the same type and both romance options to everyone, just a little confused how it is all going to work.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The Amazon is "fixed", since the other amazon character is Karen, but she won't follow you around (she's the Queen, oh!! :lol:).
Right now of the finished recruitment routes I've read, they all have two characters but you can recruit just one:
Elves: Kusho OR Vaeril
Dwarves: Dasyra OR Galan
Nagas: Sylrissa OR Enok

and we were thinking to offer the option to recruit the romanceable character, no matter what you're playing. So in the example above, only the dwarves (both, since none can be romanced) wouldn't be available later.
However I can understand the player might want to recruit all the characters anyway, so that's why I was thinking to allow some "rescue missions" later to pick up the initially excluded characters, no matter if you can romance them or not. We need still to decide this.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Can you tell us the names of the other classes, and maybe type?

Like, For Nagas: Sylrissa (Blademaster) OR Enok (Battlemage)

How about Pirates and Nomands? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I posted it somewhere in this forum, but in practice is (copy pasting notes I sent the writer):

AMAZON
Leena - Warrior
Very skilled warrior, Loren's trainer. Strong but also agile and very technical.

NOMADS

Amukiki - Barbarian
He is still a nomad so while has strength, he is not yet skilled like during Loren. I think his skills should be about brute force/intimidation mostly.

Nuala - Shaman
She is a good healer but also can deal good damage

PIRATES
Senya will be in game, but not as party. This to balance the fact that for the Amazons there's only Leena and not Karen.
I am going to ask artist to draw a pistol (like the flintlock, those pistols of late 800) so he can be a sharpshooter/melee fighter
Jasper - Sharpshooter

On a side note, just spoke with the writer who is currently writing the intro scene, and it's already 10,000 words long! It will be another SMALL GAME (tm) :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:However I can understand the player might want to recruit all the characters anyway, so that's why I was thinking to allow some "rescue missions" later to pick up the initially excluded characters, no matter if you can romance them or not. We need still to decide this.
I actually think you should leave them out. It'd be different from your other games and it's a reason to replay the game - retry the story with alternate points-of-view. And it keeps the party from growing too large.

(Plus, if there's a character we really dislike, we can leave them out without negatively impacting our party power. "Optional" rescue missions really mean "do this if you don't want to fall behind on XP/Gold".)