About this game

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: About this game

Post by jack1974 »

The problem is that in Loren, they say the castle was once populated, and then all its inhabitants killed by Death Knights :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Of course, it could have happened 500 years before Loren's and Cursed Lands. And the enemies in Cursed Lands must NOT be the same (because otherwise Karen would know them already).
However the enemies in this game could have temporarily occupied the castle. My idea was to show a short cameo of them, once the game has ended and the player has liberated the castle, saying something like they can get back to their home again at last :wink:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

That works, although I think those two would enliven the story if you were to give them more than a short cameo. I'm not saying you should make one or the both of them a fully fledged companion, although that could certainly be a lot of fun, but I think Zachary would be looking for agents to take "his" castle back, and would certainly be inclined to assist the MC with information on a secret way in or some-such.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe that's not a bad idea, will discuss it with writer maybe :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Will you reuse Karen sprite? would be nice to see a younger Karen and maybe Loren as a child.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Loren would be very young, since it's 13 years before the events of Loren Amazon Princess. Assuming she is 23-25 years, in this game she would be around 10-12 :) As for Karen I could have her look younger, but I'll keep her design since I like her outfit.
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

jack1974 wrote:As promised the intro blog post is up: blog/2015/06/introducing-cursed-lands/

For those interested only in romances this summary will be useful:
Will the men (eventually?) show as much skin as the ladies? :D Since some equal fan service would be lovely. <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You mean Vaeril/Jasper? Yes in the romance CG they're quite naked too. During the story not, but I could have Jasper show more, for Vaeril is a bit difficult because... druid (and he's not like Myrth the "walking bush" :lol:).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Got another update today, the Amazons (Leena) recruitment quest. Leena is Loren's trainer :)
mc "What's it like, teaching the princess?"
le "Like teaching any other student, but with higher stakes."
mc "Higher stakes? How do you mean?"
le "Not every Amazon trainee passes muster. Some fail to rise to the challenge, and take their own life."
"Trainees taking their lives when they fail to pass muster?"
mc "That sounds barbaric."
le "Call us barbarians if you like. But I hope you'll note that it is not the Amazons who have set about creating an empire which spans the continent. We are quite content to sit on our peninsula in isolation. Now, to conquer, that kind of behavior takes someone with a human's sensibilities."
if prace=="human":
mc "I'm not sure if I should resent that remark."
le "If you call another culture's practices barbaric, you shouldn't take surprise when someone does the same back to you."
le "For an Amazon, choosing to die by one's own blade is a mark of honor."
As you can see there's even some specific lines that plays only if your character is human. Having a full-freedom character generation will require many checks (race, gender, etc) but will also make the game more immersive I think :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Sounds good to me, it can also help with re-playability....just don't go overboard, or else you'll create a bigger game than what was intended :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No there are only some extras sentences during dialogues, like that one :)