Char gen screen

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Char gen screen

Post by jack1974 »

a work in progress of Cursed Lands game character creation screen. Writer wanted me to allow players complete freedom of customization. I accepted since for a VN/RPG game makes more sense (you create only one character after all!).
Obviously, the romance CG will only show the love interest, it won't be possible to have CG variations to include all the different gender/race/class/age sprites :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: CYOA char screen

Post by Miakoda »

This is looking good; and you're correct, if you are going to have a lot of customization, it would require a lot of art to do...and impossible to do a CG.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Or you could try the method Haniko did with Magical diaries; Basically using a few default choices for hair, face, and size, with colors. Basically it is a paper-doll with player customizations placed on the doll. But all in all starting too look good there! XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I could do that as well, right now I just put some placeholder :) the game will be in first person view, and I remembered that so far I have only done one other game like that, Bionic Heart (the protagonist is never seen).
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

Magical Diary worked, but the CG were really simple and interchangeable by necessity. That's not a bad thing, but if you wanted to do CGs that are more detailed or have more interesting poses, it wouldn't really work with character customization.

Do you know what races we'll be able to play yet, or are you still working on that?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Foelhe wrote:Magical Diary worked, but the CG were really simple and interchangeable by necessity. That's not a bad thing, but if you wanted to do CGs that are more detailed or have more interesting poses, it wouldn't really work with character customization.
They will look like the Loren camp talk poses, just with less clothes :mrgreen: I know that is not like showing a kiss, but players will need to use a bit of their imagination!
Foelhe wrote: Do you know what races we'll be able to play yet, or are you still working on that?
For sure human, elves and dwarf, then depends on writer, he is helping me to do also the design part of this game (otherwise I wouldn't have had the time) but he said wanted to offer a good amount of customization!
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Hey Jack, why you dont do a subforum for the CYOA? This way we can see all the news in one place, there is a lot of non-CYOA in this part.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yep will do that, was waiting to have more info and screenshots first :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Very much looking forward to it!
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

...I have no idea what this is...
serves me right for slaking off on forum following :lol: