development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

started coding the second boss fight with Zephyr. Like in the first one, before the fight starts you can use some of your social talents to skip the first part / make the overall fight easier.
You'll be able to either defeat and kill the four vampire lieutentant or just "convince" them to leave :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

added the second round with Zephyr, obviously I used a placeholder but I need crow sprites. I like how each enemy so far has a different personality/strategy, Zephyr does little damage but hits a lot of targets at once and inflicts bleeding. Since you'll need to rotate your party members to heal them between battles, it's starting to be cool to play, you need to plan a strategy 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today finished the second boss fight, I spent a good amount fixing the script. Not writers' fault, but while playing I found some "inconsistencies", like in a quest you need to get a key, and then you could go back and fight the other boss vampires. The script was assuming you were still looking for the key :lol: even if you already had it. So had to add several checks and a few lines to take into account this possibility. I also tweaked the social talents usage so it's more evenly distributed (not always the same ones).
Once again it's not writer's fault - you really need to code and playtest the game at same time to notice all those details :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

another new background, a nice gothic library inside N'Mar :) you can find all time classics like "how to suck your blood" and "cure your long vampire teeth in a natural way" :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Coding Nootau's boss fight today. I'm not sure I like his sense of humor... :o :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

coding the last vampire lieutenant boss fight today, and I think I might have exaggerated a bit :twisted: I can't beat her even in normal difficulty! Time to nerf her powers a little...
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Is Adede romanceable? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not Adede, but all of her thousand spiders yes! Each one with a different CG ending! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

a nice cruise in the lovely sea around N'Mar in the company of a Zombie Abomination and friends. What else could you want?! :o :mrgreen:
Akar Dorn
Young scout

Post by Akar Dorn »

Mmm, I dunno... Can we romance him/her/it/them? :mrgreen: