development thread

Classic VN/RPG, all romance combos, social talent system https://www.winterwolves.com/cursedlands.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes another user on twitter suggested "Fight To The Death". I think works, even if it's not completely exact, because some battles can't end in a draw but aren't necessarily until one of the two sides is dead :lol: But this just minor nitpicking, the message is that the player can't use certain social skills that can lead to a draw because enemies will be immune in that fight :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Actually that's good, I forgot that there are 3 cases:
- Fight to death: you either win or lose battle, and if you lose=game over
- No Surrender: enemies won't surrender, however if you lose the battle is not game over (in some scenarios you can be captured, etc)
- Regular Fight: all rules apply. You can win or lose, and enemies can retreat from battle or the battle can draw through social talents
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

having finished the dwarves recruitment path, I started the elves one. Will probably take me 2-3 days. I think I should be done with all the recruitment paths by end of month though. That would probably be where I'll end the game demo, so I could maybe do an alpha/beta build to get some feedback :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Nitpick: if you have two "the thing"s it's not really "the" thing. ;)

Also, The Thing looks awful sad. :(
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha maybe I'll change the name. "The Thing" is sad because it thoughts to be unique, then saw another next to it! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Caught red-handed by Kusho :mrgreen:
Today I also changed how the party works during this first stage. In practice before the first full moon, there are the various recruitment quest storylines. Player must do those quests on his/her own. After you recruit a new character, he/she will stay in a specific location unless you need him/her for a mission. So to do the camp talk, you need to visit that location.
This was fine, however for example for the Arena training battles, I was allowing only the characters in that specific place. But Grandtree doesn't have an arena for example. So it means that you couldn't train with Kusho? and you could shop with Kusho only in Grandtree? That was a bad idea.

So now, whenever you do the arena fight or browse shop, all the recruited members will show up. If you start / resume a recruitment quest instead, you'll do it on your own as expected. Maybe a bit less "realistic", but much more fun to play this way :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nagas recruitment storyline started. Haha, it's silly but I like that they SSSPEAK THISS WAY :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

How long into the game before we can recruit or at last meet the Nagas?

They seem like quite the interesting characters, esp. Sylrissa, wid (PHILLY-Speak) that distorted-lookin smirk! :twisted:

Also, what's the...gem? on the male's head?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since the recruitment quests are all independent, you can pick that one first so encounter them after day 3-4 :)
As for the gem that's how the artist made it. Maybe I'll talk with writer about it. The naga recruitment is written (all the recruitment quests are) but their loyalty/relationship scenes aren't done yet.
Player00013
Young scout

Post by Player00013 »

Are they brother and sister or just friends? It would be cool to have a jealosy scene if they are siblings since they are both bi