Heirs & Graces 0.8.5 beta

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Heirs & Graces 0.8.1 beta

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes please check that one, I count the successful skill checks to award it and I *THINK* I have counted them all, but maybe I have added one more (so it would never trigger).
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I got it, it just that the skillcheck from the final scenes are differents depending on who you romance, so you need finish all the routes to get the achievement(I think, that is how I got mine).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool thanks for confirming it works :) though the checks are the same, no specific changes based on who you romance. Maybe previous player didn't reach enough reputation to get the ending. In practice to get the skillful you can even not romance anyone, as long as you pass all the checks including the reputation one (there are two at the end of the story in the last scene).
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

Just finished the game two times and I think I tracked down most of the misspellings I came across. Although I didn't trigger any jealousy scene yet and am still missing several endings. Will look into that later.
Always glad to be of help btw. ^^

@SilverHyena: Don't feel too bad about the misspellings and typos. They happen. And overall you did a very great job. :)
Spoiler:
- Scene where all the nobles gather in the library:
»I settle for a weak...«
Could be a phrase I don't know about, but to me it looks as if there was a word missing.

- When Marcels meets Dena in town:
»We visit a market stalls and pick up a few items before we stop outside a shop Lord Sandor has an arrangement with.«
I think there is something missing like »a couple of« in front of »market stalls.«
»I look in the direction the voice is coming and see a young woman a few years older than me with a smug smile.«
I guess it should be: »the voice is coming from«
»...It's not really any of my business, but I feel like I'd better remind you that your actions can effect Lord Sandor's reputation.«
effect → affect

- Scene with Lord Elden:
»It almost wants makes me want to back down for a second, but I think no matter how angry he gets, he won't hurt me.«
The »wants« shouldn't be there.
»Lord Sandor find out what happened?«
There is a »Did« missing in front of »Lord Sandor.« Unless this kind of phrasing is acceptable as well.

- Marcel talking to Lord Sandor about his mother:
»I wanted to ask about that if it's not to difficult for you to talk about.«
to → too

- Scene where Eloy is digging holes in the garden:
»Lord Shiran puts the shovel in the ground and leans on it a little too hard.«
There is an »a« missing in »Lord Shiran.«
»He's still just picking out the the things he wants to hear.«
There's one »the« too many.

- The fake wedding between Borges and Rene:
»Borges and Rene's wedding should be starting soon...«
My sister and me couldn't quite agree on this one. She insited on an apostrophe after »Borges« while I think it's okay to leave it like that.
»You are done interefering with their affairs.«
interefering → interfering

- Vincent and Marcel drinking tea together in the kitchen:
»I think I almost dozed off their for a second.«
their → there

- Marcel sorting things out with Licia after she discovered that he is Lord Sandor's son:
There is an »umm...« somewhere which should be capitalized because it's alone on one screen.

- Kamal scene 9:
»They can be just as pretty as regular trees and then there's the added benefit of being able to eat whatever the produce.«
the → they

- Scene where Licia comes out of Lady Rosalynn's room:
»I'm able to sideline my current thoughts to experience a flash of anger as I wonder what Lady Rosalynn said to to Licia this time.«
There's one »to« too many.

- Eloy scene 9:
»I don't feel good about the way I left things with Lord Shiraaan.«
Well, now I know where the missing »a« from earlier went.... xD

- One of the later Kamal-scenes (can't quite recall which one though ^^;) … at least I hope it is a Kamal-scene at all (so sorry for that, will keep better track of it next time):
»Vincent send you?«
send → sent
(Although there could be other possible takes on that sentence as well.)

- Licia confessing to Marcel that she told Lady Rosalynn:
»They aren't as powerful as Lady Rosalynn or Lord Sandor of course, but they are influencial enough to worry about appearences

appearences → appearances

- Eloy reading to Marcel:
»You'll be rivited in mere seconds.«
rivited → riveted
(Not quite sure if this is the same scene... either way it's one of the later with Eloy.)
»I know things have a tendency to fall apart so I try not to expect to much.«
to → too

- Borges inviting Marcel to watch fireflies:
»At night around this time of year, a bunch of fireflies gather near the river.«
gather → gathers

- Lady Rosalynn's party:
»I take a deep breath and look over my appearence once more in my room's mirror.«
appearence → appearance
»A couple of nobles voice thier agreement while others show their consent with nods.«
thier → their

- After Lord Sandor's death (Vincent ending):
»I check my appearence in the mirror and adjust my clothes in order to look slightly more presentable.«
appearence → appearance
»The house is noticeably emptier so I have to assume that some of the servants decided it was in there best interest to leave.«
there → their
»I'm apparently required to attend a training session at least once a week until he's convinced I can fend of any potential assassins.«
fend of → fend off
»And I will continue to do so until I feel that I have done everything I can to significantly lessen how much of a threat Lady Rosalynn's is to you.«
Lady Rosalynn's → Lady Rosalynn

- Scene with Vincent where the cook quit:
»I didn't mean to interupt
interupt → interrupt

- Marcel and Kamal in the library searching for information on flowers:
»Even if we're dressing it up a bit by adding flowers, I would like to keep that aspect of it in tact if I can.«
in tact → intact

- Scene where Borges and Vincent have their dispute:
»I have to be firm, but I don't hurt his feelings.«
I guess there's missing a word here. »don't want to hurt his feelings« sounds better to me. But again... could be that it's possible to phrase it that way.

- Lady Rosalynn's arrival:
»That said, he hurries off to make whatever preperations need to be made.«
preperations → preparations

- Kamal scene 5:
»I'll just assume that you wanted to add in an obsene statue.«
obsene → obscene

- Vincent scene 9:
»I might have to be more aggressive I want to speak with him...«
I think, it should be: »...if I want to speak with him.«

- Scene 15:
»I pretty sure I'm up for it.«
This should be either »I'm pretty sure I'm up for it« or »I pretty sure am up for it.«

- Vincent scene 10:
»Vincent face turns completely red.«
Vincent → Vincent's
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

jack1974 wrote:Cool thanks for confirming it works :) though the checks are the same, no specific changes based on who you romance. Maybe previous player didn't reach enough reputation to get the ending. In practice to get the skillful you can even not romance anyone, as long as you pass all the checks including the reputation one (there are two at the end of the story in the last scene).
strange, i use the same save where every stats where already at twenty to get all the ending and then raise the stat for the sexy achievement and the reputation for the good ending, but I only got the achievement when I got the last skill check for Vincent ending and he was the last romance I did.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes true, there's a skill check in each romance 9th scene as well! Hmm I'm not sure if I should count that too. Probably not. So I'll decrease the amount required to unlock that achievement by 1. Since it only regards the main plot, romances is optional!
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

I really need to go through and check for spelling errors myself, I caught a few but forgot to write them down. A couple notes off the top of my head.

1) You use the phrase "once and awhile" occasionally - it's actually supposed to be "once in awhile".

2) To Simon: in English, it's pretty common to drop words like "did" off the start of a sentence if the speaker's being casual. "Vincent send you?" works because Kamal is saying "Did Vincent send you?" I'd also argue with the firefly thing, but that could go either way. I think I agree with everything else he caught.

I'll try to go through again today and look for anything Simon might have missed.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:Ah yes true, there's a skill check in each romance 9th scene as well! Hmm I'm not sure if I should count that too. Probably not. So I'll decrease the amount required to unlock that achievement by 1. Since it only regards the main plot, romances is optional!
I'm not sure if that'll fix the issue right now. I think that Exizel's observation is correct... you'll get the Skillful achievement only after you've romanced every character in the game. I finished my second playthrough yesterday night, and I passed all the storyline skillchecks + Kamal's Scene 09 check with 90 Physique and got no Skillful Achievement.

The thing is now that since the jealousy scenes won't trigger unless your relationships are high enough, the scenes continue playing for every character up to scenes 09 and 10 as long as your relationship stays under 50% or so. With my playthrough with Kamal, the only jealousy scene that triggered this time was with Kamal vs Eloy. This caused Eloy's scenes to stop playing further, but Vincent and Borges' scenes stayed on, and of course I failed the scene 09 skill-checks for both of those characters.

EDIT: You could, of course, leave the requirement as it is now, if the original idea really was that you need to pass through all skillchecks in the game = get all the sexy scenes in addition to the Reputation-checks. But this might raise some bad blood with players who are going for only 1 or two of the characters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No you get the skillful based on skill checks, but you don't need to romance EVERY character!!!! Just one :lol: I know because I reset the skillcheck variable at beginning of each playthrough (so the value can't be carried on several playthroughs!).
In practice, if I include the skill check to get the bonus CG on each route, there are 16. If I don't, there are 15 total skillchecks. So if I check that it's >=15, it should unlock even ignoring the "romance skill check". I wanted that achievement to work only for the main plot checks.
The jealousy issue will be fixed on the next update, so that won't happen again.
SilverHyena is doing some text fixes, then after she is done I'll correct all the typos, and then do the update, so probably tomorrow :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:No you get the skillful based on skill checks, but you don't need to romance EVERY character!!!! Just one :lol: I know because I reset the skillcheck variable at beginning of each playthrough (so the value can't be carried on several playthroughs!).
In practice, if I include the skill check to get the bonus CG on each route, there are 16. If I don't, there are 15 total skillchecks. So if I check that it's >=15, it should unlock even ignoring the "romance skill check". I wanted that achievement to work only for the main plot checks.
The jealousy issue will be fixed on the next update, so that won't happen again.
SilverHyena is doing some text fixes, then after she is done I'll correct all the typos, and then do the update, so probably tomorrow :)
I sit corrected (for now). :lol: Update sounds good, I guess I'll leave playing through some of the routes until then. :)