development thread (art, writing, etc)

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
anita
Young scout

Re: development thread (art, writing, etc)

Post by anita »

yes, I think Roommates males were subpar compared to your other games.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

It's true that the artist is better at female than male...and didn't really like rakesh design but there's also his personality, I didn't dislike it and by the end of the game I like it(the writer did an excellent job Roommates is full of character I tought I wouldn't like because of how those character's archtypes are usually represent in media) but Rakesh just isn't my types and I would have like to have a choise.
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

Yeah, have to agree on that one. I enjoyed Roommates more than I expected to, and Rakesh grew on me by the end of the game, but a big part of these dating games is getting to know all the options and then going for the one that really works for you personally. It's always disappointing to get stuck with The Gay Option when straight gamers get a chance to play the field.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I can imagine :) it's only that the game was already very big as it is, so adding more options would have been crazy... :lol: I think in future is better if I split the games based on the gender/romance, like I'm doing now with the various yuri-yaoi only games.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Exizel wrote:It's true that the artist is better at female than male...and didn't really like rakesh design but there's also his personality, I didn't dislike it and by the end of the game I like it(the writer did an excellent job Roommates is full of character I tought I wouldn't like because of how those character's archtypes are usually represent in media) but Rakesh just isn't my types and I would have like to have a choise.
This is why I actually felt like Roomates was my favorite game, if not my favorite dating sim. I admit getting options is almost the point in dating sims, but I have to admit, I was immensely surprised how much it felt like a family. They felt like the most realistic characters. And someone who is so used to archetypes defining a character, I really fell in love with them as a group.

I wanted to help Sally and I understood Dominic where he was. I almost shot myself in the foot a few times because I wanted to get involved in non romanceable characters lives. I felt guilty turning down any of them because they felt real. The fact they interacted with each other in a reasonable way that made you understand both sides, or even all empathize with each other really got to me. Probably the best written characters I have ever seen in a game.

I am ecstatic about more choices though. Never expect to have more than 1 choice if one at all, so always happy to get a game full of choices. But I can't call Roommates subpar myself because it was written so well. My best world would be characters like Roomates but choices like Loren and that seems an impossibility on every corner lol.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

kadakithis wrote:My best world would be characters like Roomates but choices like Loren and that seems an impossibility on every corner lol.
Well considering Loren 2 - 3 are being written by Roommates' writer, why not? :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Well, if you didn't already have all my extracurricular money from now til forever, you do now.
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Amukiki is my favourite male romanceable character, I love how it all happens with him, your relationship is based on admiration, mutual respect of your skill as a warrior, a deeply understanding of each-other and an even deeper care that begins really slowly, until eachother become home and family for the other, I love how both are on equal footing, and how highly Amukiki regards you, a little conversation in Draco's path he says you could have the greatest warrior as partner, his jealousy is endearing, I just simply love him. ♥

Yeah, I love my strong masculine male characters, there aren't a lot out there like him, and half of those come as jackasses and just rub me wrong.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All the art is finished! We might add a few more CGs as development continues, but at least all the base characters and romance CG is done :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Yes! can't wait for this!