development thread (art, writing, etc)

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

development thread (art, writing, etc)

Post by jack1974 »

I made a specific subforum for this game too :) I'll also post updates about art and writing!
For writing, I want to quote this part from one of the early Kamal scenes. Kamal is an ex-gladiator, and he encounters two young kids pretending to fight in an Arena. Ka is when Kamal speak and the narrator is Marcel, the main character:
boy "I'm Amukiki, champion of the Grimoire Arena!"
"The boy puffs out his chest and flexes his non-existant muscles for effect."
ka "Ah, Amukiki. Good choice."
ka "You know, I actually got the chance to fight Amukiki. Got his autograph too."
"Kamal points to one of the scars on his arm-- the afore mentioned autograph."
ka "He gave me this one here."
"The boy's eyes go wide in obvious excitement."
boy "Really? You fought Amukiki and didn't die?"
"Kamal laughs."
ka "Not even once."
"I roll my eyes as the boy laughs at Kamal's bad joke."
ka "He did beat me pretty soundly though."
boy "That's awesome!"
ka "It didn't feel very awesome at the time, but yeah, I guess it is kind of awesome."
girl "Are you a gladiator then? I-I mean, that would make the most sense if you fought Amukiki."
ka "I was. I'm not anymore."
boy "Why'd you stop?"
ka "I got a better deal."
"He keeps the explanation at that. I get the feeling there is more to it though considering how quickly he changes the subject."
I quite like when there are cross references like this between my games :) and in general I like SilverHyena writing :wink: I should have some finished sprites to show early next month!
Meanwhile this is a work-in-progress of Kamal:
Foelhe
Young scout

Re: development thread (art, writing, etc)

Post by Foelhe »

Looking good so far. Can't wait!

Is this game going to be part of the Aravorn setting, or are you just using Amukiki's name as a placeholder/in-joke?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No it's a fantasy yaoi dating sim and takes place in Aravorn for real. There are several various references to other characters/places/lore in general since writer knows my games well 8)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Ah that's cool how it's set in Aravorn, the medieval/fantasy setting has always been my favourite (then sci-fi then modern settings)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I really like the scene and I can't wait to see more (I hope we can see the final sprite for Kamel,Marcel and Licia soon).
My only problem is that I'll need a little time to get use to Marcel has a name.
When you tell me that someone is call marcel, I think of a old man with a beret playing petanque with his friends while drinking bear :lol: .

I suppose the game happen after Loren but before the Loren 2-3?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Exizel wrote: I suppose the game happen after Loren but before the Loren 2-3?
We haven't spoken exactly about the placement in the timeline but after the first Loren since we talk about Hawke blade and the swords were found only in the first game. But might be also after Loren 2-3, not necessarily between :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So here's Kamal finished version:
will post more in next weeks, asked writer to start doing some "intro" so I can make the blog post with them :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

romance CGs previews for the game. I thought I'll introduce the various characters in blog posts like I'm doing with the other games, though you can see them a bit here :)
Why Vincent is blushing? what is Marcel whispering to him??? :mrgreen:

(solution: the release date of Nicole yuri!) :lol:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Really glad to see some great CGs for this game, (Kamal and Eloy are my favourites)
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I really like them and the fact that 2 of them have kiss.

and while I like Kamal,the "I kiss your hand" can be really good or really bad but that depend more on the writing then the art and from what I have seen I don't think SylverHiena will disapoint me.