development thread (art, writing, etc)

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread (art, writing, etc)

Post by jack1974 »

Next Friday will have a blog post introducing Marcel, the main character :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Loved s introduction!!! sharing everywhere right now!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool thanks :)
For those wondering, he's referring to this blog post: blog/2015/03/heirs-graces-marcel/
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I like him and the fact that he isn't innocent and clueless on how the world works.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Agreed, usually with thief characters in fantasy it is just, they grew up on the streets and that is enough but I like how his experiences have colored his world view. I also like he knows who his father is and has a strange fascination with him even he can't pinpoint. It sounds like a really great character to play.
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Random curiosity: do any societies in Aravorn have an established stance on same-sex relationships? I mean with Loren and SOTW it was mostly just the parties traveling around on their own so I don't remember it being that important (Loren was a princess but Amazon culture is pretty different from any other). But if this story is all about navigating court life, and is a yaoi game to boot, I imagine it'll come up some way? I'm sure I'll love it either way, just made me wonder.

LOVE Marcel's intro btw, he seems like he'll be fun to play :mrgreen:
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I haven't thought about this in details to be honest. Like on Earth I assume different societies will have different thoughts about it (like for Amazons is obviously normal, rather is the opposite, they can't understand a woman getting in love with a man :lol:).
I'd say that it's quite open (a bit like in old Greece/Roman empire) to sexuality, with some minor exceptions :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ROFL, this scene is sexy but also quite funny. You can imagine the rest of the picture...
As said before, I've commissioned 4 extra very sexy CGs/sprites, beside the ending romances. Yaoi fans will be pleased for sure :wink:
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

sexy sprites?

one thing I like about the game is that the MC isn't the center of the cast and that they know and interact with each other without the MC being the "reason" for it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sexy sprite I mean that it's not a "full CG", but a sexy sprite over an existing background. But well the result is more or less the same :)