Yaoi Dating Sim Title Suggestions

A fantasy yaoi dating sim set in the world of Aravorn https://www.winterwolves.com/heirsandgraces.htm
SilverHyena
Young scout

Yaoi Dating Sim Title Suggestions

Post by SilverHyena »

Hey all! SilverHyena here. If you don't already know, I'm in charge of writing the yaoi dating sim that Jack mentioned awhile back. While we have the plot and other aspects down we're having trouble coming up with a cool title for the game. Thus, we figured we'd just ask you guys to see if you could come up with any good ideas.
Since that's nearly impossible without knowing what the game is about, here's a summary of the basic plot:

Marcel, our main character, is the illegitimate son of Lord Sandor-- an important noble with a vast amount of wealth. None of that status or wealth is Marcel's though as he's been raised solely by his poor mother without any involvement from his father. In order to meet his father without being recognized, Marcel gets a job as a servant. However, Lord Sandor figures out Marcel is his son and proposes a deal: if Marcel can prove that he's worthy, Lord Sandor will name him his heir.

So far we've been thinking a title with Inheritance in it or something. Like, the Sandor Inheritance or The Sandor Estate. I dunno. It's a work in progress. :P

Also, while I have your attention I'll ask about one more thing. For one of the stats I put Heraldry, but that's not quite the word I'm looking for. I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out a better one. What I'm trying to come up with is a stat that gets at how much knowledge the main character has regarding family trees and particular tastes/quirks/habits of nobles. How socially aware he is I guess. I don't know if I'm describing that well. Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyway, let us know your suggestions! And if you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to put down those as well.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Yaoi Dating Sim Title Suggestions

Post by Miakoda »

A bit early in the morning for me, but you might consider the term Savoir Faire, at least for dealing with noble, though it doesn't cover history.
Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

SilverHyena wrote:What I'm trying to come up with is a stat that gets at how much knowledge the main character has regarding family trees and particular tastes/quirks/habits of nobles. How socially aware he is I guess.
I'm sorry, but this sounds much more like professional reader of yellow journalism than a "scientific" interest...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think is something related mostly to "knowledge" and "history", genealogical tree etc, maybe scholarship ? I have no clue though lol, really hard for me to find the right words :mrgreen:
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

renke_ wrote:
SilverHyena wrote:What I'm trying to come up with is a stat that gets at how much knowledge the main character has regarding family trees and particular tastes/quirks/habits of nobles. How socially aware he is I guess.
I'm sorry, but this sounds much more like professional reader of yellow journalism than a "scientific" interest...
That's not quite what I'm trying to get at. :P It is a stat that would rely on knowing gossip to some extent, but I would say it is more informed than the wild claims in yellow journalism. I want it to be a stat that influences how knowledgeable Marcel is about the nobles he is serving. Like, if he has a high enough score in that stat he'll know things like how that noble prefers their tea, who they're related to, and what kind of relationships they have to other important people. Does that make more sense?
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I would like a skill named yellow press master, but anyway :) It seems humanities like heraldry or genealogy are the complete wrong track, I believe you look more for attributes of a good butler. What about aristocratic etiquette?
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

Haha, that would most definitely be an interesting skill! :D And you're right. Heraldry only really gets at the family relationship aspect of it which is why I wanted to replace it. We already have a more general skill for etiquette but that probably wouldn't be a bad way to put it. I'd still like to avoid repeating the word etiquette though and I do want to make them different stats. Miakoda's suggestion of Savoir Faire might be the best way to put it. It definitely gets at part of it, anyway. Probably the more important part too.
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

I'd still like to avoid repeating the word etiquette though
<thesaurus>courtly manners</thesaurus> :P
SilverHyena
Young scout

Post by SilverHyena »

Haha, good point. Should have thought of that.

I actually ended up doing that with Savoir Faire and got tact. I think that's the word I'm currently leaning towards at the moment. I'll think about it a bit more, but I'll probably end up going with that.

And now I need to focus on coming up with a title. :P
renke_
Elder Druid

Post by renke_ »

The plot reminds of The Princess and the Pea - maybe you could play with this? This would be quite easy if Jack is willing to create a localized German version - one variant of the fairy tale is called "Erbsenprobe" (peas' test), "Erbenprobe" (heirs' test) would be a nice wordplay [I nearly deleted this draft, because it's too stupid...]