PSCD 1.1.3 - quick fix

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 1.1.3 - quick fix

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's definitely "Or a man" :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Ending.rpy 1104 is written starting "Captain Diana Nelson's actions..." but then goes on to use the plural "them" and "they" in the rest of the text. Should be singular "her". Unless you're including her brother, but he wasn't mentioned at the beginning of the sentence.

1107 and 1192 confuse me because
Spoiler:
I thought I wiped out all the robots per 1018 but the Descorians are still rampaging throughout the galaxy?
1236 needs a comma after Nelson.

1476 I think you can move the comma from after "abilities" to after "research".
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I am not sure where "them" and "they" is used ? I think is used only in the romance epilogues, and in that case is correct. Like Mizuki's:
Spoiler:
Alex’s relationship with Mizuki soon revealed one strength: the two would never be bored. Whether they were buried deep in the newest 3-D game, or racing across the wastes of Stronghold, Alex and Mizuki made sure they had time with one another. Even when they were in their old age, they displayed an energy and enthusiasm younger couples would try to emulate.
About the Descorians, it's a sort of spoiler
Spoiler:
Obviously anyone who played Planet Stronghold (RPG) knows they WILL be back. It says they saved the galaxy from them, because they hit them very hard. So before there was an army of Descorians, with factories pumping out robots, now they've destroyed MOST of them, but not all. And they're tough to die :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I was trying to be lazy and not type out all of the text in 1104. But here goes:
Spoiler:
Captain Diana Nelson's actions on Stronghold brought them much acclaim and honor, as well as the attention of their superiors. When trouble arose, and every other option was exhausted, High Command knew Diana Nelson could finish the job. With each success, they showed the rest of the galaxy just what humanity was capable of achieving.
The "them" indicates multiple people...the colony perhaps? It's not mentioned directly though. I know there are a ton of conditionals in this section, my preceding line was 1079.
Spoiler:
I played Planet Stronghold back in...2011 maybe, so not sure I remember? :P But at the end of PSCD there's a lot of talk about how the Descorians only have one factory and then when you wipe them out there's a celebration because you killed them all. And even in the epilogue text in 1018 it says I destroyed the final factory and they were considered wiped out...but that's apparently not the case just a few lines later. So there's an apparent contradiction in the game text.
For an actual "bug", you can use Assault on the Stationary Apex Rahn totems in the final fight. It makes them wiggle as if they can attack, but they still can't actually move. So I think the bug is the attack animation Assault gives them. Should just treat it like buffing a wall.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol, no I had that exact sentence open but I somehow missed it :lol:
Yes it's not metioned directly. I think perhaps not the whole colony, but Nelson's team. Maybe I could change it to:
Spoiler:
Captain Diana Nelson's and her team actions on Stronghold brought them much acclaim and honor, as well as the attention of their superiors...
that would work?

As for the Descoria:
Spoiler:
the thing is that while the factory was a physical point, something they could see... the Descoria are actually a sort of virus/AI floating in the "internet of future" so hard to completely defeat. However, you're right that it's a bit contraddictory, and since Galina's ending is the only one in which they're mentioned, I'll just change that line :)
Troyen wrote:For an actual "bug", you can use Assault on the Stationary Apex Rahn totems in the final fight. It makes them wiggle as if they can attack, but they still can't actually move. So I think the bug is the attack animation Assault gives them. Should just treat it like buffing a wall.
Ah OK. It's only an animation bug though, right? thanks
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Ah lol, no I had that exact sentence open but I somehow missed it :lol:
Yes it's not metioned directly. I think perhaps not the whole colony, but Nelson's team. Maybe I could change it to:
Spoiler:
Captain Diana Nelson's and her team's actions on Stronghold...
that would work?
Yeah, that would work. Note the minor correction.

And yes, it's an animation bug. Assuming you're okay with letting us have 2/8 stationary non-wall Apex Rahn totems.

Also, I noticed the achievements would pop up at the start of a scene when in your other games they tend to show up at the end of a scene. I prefer the 'at the end' part because the achievement popup would tend to spoil what was about to happen. Was that an intentional change?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I put them at the beginning since was easier to code :oops: (did the same also for QoT).
In future games will try to put them later to avoid spoiling the surprise indeed :)