PSCD 1.1.2 issues / features

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 1.1.2 issues / features

Post by jack1974 »

Xanom. wrote: I suggest that entering a battle should automatically disable skipping (if possible).
Ah OK. I made several tests, now the skip mode text is not displayed, though at end of battle you need to start skipping again. That's the only way to get rid of the text :(
Xanom. wrote:I'm now totally confused. I'm sorry to be annoying but can someone lay out exactly what to expect re auto- and quick- save behaviour, because I don't understand the model?
No it's is a bit confusing inded :lol: I was wrong, for the battle, I was using an internal save (named battlesave) that you can't find in auto/quick. It would work with the "continue" button in main menu, since that button looks for the latest save (in order of time).
However I managed to add an autosave in the deck screen. For technical reason won't keep the latest deck you built, but the situation when you entered the screen. At least should be less annoying than having to redo 3-4 missions!

I was planning to release this DLC today on Steam so I don't want to do too many last minute changes as you can imagine :oops:
Xanom. wrote:- Early in the game, if I get a bunch of unlucky draws early (too many credit cards), I should be able to redraw and then use my surplus of other resources to play a number of non-credit cards?
Yes exactly
Xanom. wrote: - Later in the game, there are more cards that require multiple non-credit resources (the only ones I've seen so far are some of the turrets), and thus resource shortage after the first couple of plays remains meaningful?
Yes again, though of course depends also on the mission and difficulty level.

About the image bug, unfortunately that happens when I want to flip a sprite horizontally :mrgreen: Since I don't have the time/resources to make custom sprite facing left/right.

A funny note: at least on my version here, because of a change I did in the quick play, even if you lost a battle the plot would still go on!!! :shock: Good thing that you asked all those questions since otherwise I would have missed it :lol:
Xanom.
Young scout

Post by Xanom. »

jack1974 wrote:Ah OK. I made several tests, now the skip mode text is not displayed, though at end of battle you need to start skipping again. That's the only way to get rid of the text
I may be biased, but I'd suggest it's less annoying to need to explicitly push "skip" once after a battle than to miss large swathes of text because it doesn't auto-disable skipping. :)
jack1974 wrote:A funny note: at least on my version here, because of a change I did in the quick play, even if you lost a battle the plot would still go on!!! :shock: Good thing that you asked all those questions since otherwise I would have missed it :lol:
Yes, that's the behaviour I saw as well, which is partly why I was so confused. Glad we got it sorted out. :)

A couple more feature suggestions:

(1) I note that the deck-builder lets you add cards beyond the deck limit, and then complains when you click 'finish'. Could you disable finish and/or print the X/Y text in red when you're over the limit?

(2) I notice that the mission decks are often 20 or even 15 cards, while the side-quest decks are a standard 30. Would it be too much effort to have a filter that shows only mission or side-quest decks, as I lose track of which are my side-quest decks and which are decks I constructed on the fly for a particular mission?

(2a) Adding a text note to side-quest decks would be nice too (filter is probably more useful).

(2b) A couple of times, I've wanted to copy a deck and then edit it rather than build from scratch.

Thanks for game so far.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Xanom. wrote:Yes, that's the behaviour I saw as well, which is partly why I was so confused. Glad we got it sorted out. :)
Lol yes, luckily you posted about this. I was about to launch the update on Steam later today with some promotion :mrgreen:

About your other suggestions, disabling finish and even copying decks should be easy to add, instead having separate filters for story/side mission decks would probably be too much work (and especially now since could break the game). I will remember this suggestion for future card games though.