PSCD 1.1.2 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 1.1.0 - new romances/cards and quick match mode

Post by fabulaparva »

I wanted to post these findings before I'll forget them.
Text coding issues:
Galina's path, this text should be in italics and without Galina's nametag (action description, not dialogue):
Spoiler:
Christophe's path, his name shouldn't be in the box:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Diana x Christophe romance CG... I'm not sure if it's too late for the artist to correct this, but it looks as if he was editing Diana's mouth at some point and her lips look too small for the mouth. Here's just a small cut-out from the image, to protect the innocent from instant brain-melting :P
Spoiler:

In the same image, her left pinky also looks a bit disjointed (some edits there, too, I believe) but that's less noticeable.

Some typos in Christophe's scenes:
Diana: *sighs* Fine, you're right............ and I would welcome Ragnorak by that point.
Should be Ragnarök or Ragnarok , I believe

In the jealousy scene
Christophe picks up a crowbar laying nearby, and brings it down on the amethyst heard, breaking it in half.
Funnily enough, I often mess up 't's and 'd's when I speak English, so that's actually what you'd hear me say when I try to say 'heart' :P

In the main plot, there's a scene where Diana goes to check on the water source poisoning (with Mira?) and has to battle Vause...yet the main enemy image on the card play scene is one of Apex Rahn. I'll send you a savefile later, if I can relocate that...

There are also a couple of typos in the sidequest info screens, I'll post those later when I have more time unless someone else beats me to it. :P

Oh, just FYI, I got a new computer since the last time I played PSCD, so I was able to do a 'clean' install, and at least so far I have had no problems with the email registration, new relationship path launching, etc.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the detailed report as always. Regarding those art issues, I will try to contact artist but I fear might be too busy right now! :oops: hopefully people will look at the other things in those CGs... :wink:
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

Sorry it took me so long, this year first quarter wasn't really kind to me, thankfully things are slowly looking up, Kaden here I go!

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, remember that the version on Steam isn't working properly with the free DLC yet. But hopefully will update the game there soon :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

OMG, she's posting about minutia again!! :o Run!

Ahem, anyway, Kaden's route has some text coding issues:
All these should be in italics and without Kaden's name and image tag (action description, not dialogue)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Cropped for your pleasure
Spoiler:
In addition to the italics issue, I don't know quite understand what is going on in the last screen, I'm afraid. How does twisting his arms during dancing help with that particular view? Should he be twisting his body instead of his arms?

Possible typos in Kaden's scenes
Visiting the rebel outpost:
Diana: Think nothing of it, I was glad to help. I hope there wasn't any other troubles.
'wasn't any other trouble' ?

In the same scene
The two of you kiss....... pulsing as he you each try to draw the
'as you both' or 'as the each of you' ?

Kaden immersed in crafts:
You quietly tip-toe up to your boyfriend, and he is still oblivious to you approach as you cover....
'your'

In the same scene:
Kaden:And how are you doing?
Diana: It's definitely much better you're here.
'better now that you're' ?

and later in the same scene...
You raise your arms, and slowly start to dance along with Kaden. Soon, the too of you are....
'two'

Couple more possible typos in Galina's scenes
As you come visit Galina........ She has the monitor on, but isn't watching anything of value. Instead,....
This is probably a complete matter of preference, but I wouldn't drop the 'she' from 'but she isn't'

In the same scene:
Diana: Love, everyone comes with baggage. I have it on good authority and that I'm a blanket hog.
'on good authority that I'm'
No 'and' needed....... or maybe I'm missing something?

Lastly, some typos and editing suggestions for the informative texts on the side missions screen (not related to the DLC)
Spoiler:
-Should be 'new star points'
However, I would suggest clarifying the instructions further by replacing the whole text with this:

You can earn more star points for card upgrades by completing side missions. Upgrading your cards is completely optional in EASY mode, but it is strongly recommended in HARD mode. Click on the portraits above for more details on each mission.

Spoiler:
-'these' would fit better here instead of 'those'
Again, editing suggestion for clarity and shortness:

Play this side mission with <NPCname>.
This is a one-time-only mission that includes a small scene.

Spoiler:
-Should be 'arrive' w/o the 's' since reinforcements is in plural
Spoiler:
-Edit suggestion for clarity:
This is your last chance to talk with your team or to complete side missions! The game finale starts when you click on the 'Continue Story'-button the second time.

All the above offered with a grain of NaCl. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

fabulaparva wrote:OMG, she's posting about minutia again!! :o Run!
Oh noes!! the gammar-nazi are here!!! :lol:
I'm joking, thanks for your reports :)
fabulaparva wrote: In addition to the italics issue, I don't know quite understand what is going on in the last screen, I'm afraid. How does twisting his arms during dancing help with that particular view? Should he be twisting his body instead of his arms?
I think it's like those body-builder exibitions ? when they move the arm around and twist the muscles, stuff like this. Maybe Miakoda can explain it better than me :mrgreen:

Thanks for the other suggestions for the texts in the side missions, will use your texts as well since it's more clear.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:
fabulaparva wrote: In addition to the italics issue, I don't know quite understand what is going on in the last screen, I'm afraid. How does twisting his arms during dancing help with that particular view? Should he be twisting his body instead of his arms?
I think it's like those body-builder exibitions ? when they move the arm around and twist the muscles, stuff like this. Maybe Miakoda can explain it better than me :mrgreen:
Twisting is probably the wrong word. Perhaps I should have used undulating; the idea was to convey sinuous movement.
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Miakoda wrote:
jack1974 wrote:
Twisting is probably the wrong word. Perhaps I should have used undulating; the idea was to convey sinuous movement.
That would work. :) Twisting in this context did indeed make me think of some contortionist activities. Thanks for the clarification & explanation!

Jack, I borked the card playing tutorial. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Anyway, no worries as it's my own fault: this and other misplaced arrows appear if you choose to put the scout anywhere else to the right of the roboant, instead of the slot right next to it, and then try to continue the tutorial. :P

Anyway, if I hit 'cancel' when asked to not show the tutorial, before the fight begins I get this image:
Spoiler:
Is it a scaling issue that causes those arrows to point to all kinds of directions? Also, there are no invisible units on that screen when the fight begins.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah, about the first one... yeah it's YOUR FAULT!!! :lol:
Haha, about the last one instead probably I made that layout before I decided to change the tutorial. Will need to redo it :)
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

jack1974 wrote:Cool, remember that the version on Steam isn't working properly with the free DLC yet. But hopefully will update the game there soon :)
Oh well, I'll try Rigel and Samuel first then XD