Why you didn't buy PSCD?

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm

Why you didn't buy PSCD ?

I don't like art style
59%
I don't like the card gameplay
13%
I don't like the sci-fi setting
7%
I don't like the writing
9%
other (please specify)
13%

Total votes: 92

jack1974
Pack leader

Why you didn't buy PSCD?

Post by jack1974 »

Decided to try doing this to help me understand better. It has honestly been one of my biggest WTF. I mean, I could see why some of my other games didn't do well (like Vera Blanc :lol:). But this one, was a bit of a shock. If I was one of those indies who do 1 game every 2-3 years, I would have had to quit after such a hit :o
Note that I didn't include anything about price, since with the frequent discounts I don't consider it a valid reason anymore :)
(besides, the game is longer than Loren and costs $5 less... so I honestly wouldn't take seriously anything about price!)
Of course it's not like I can have everyone who didn't buy vote, or explain, so as always will take the results with a grain of salt, but for example from the other poll I did a while ago for Vera Blanc I discovered some interesting things. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
AlexTheStampede
Young scout

Re: Why you didn't buy PSCD?

Post by AlexTheStampede »

Bad timing, as far as I'm concerned. This is competing for my money with Far Cry, The Division... essentially Ubisoft pushed a few months later the big xmas release window.
Another friend (unrelated to PSCD) is complaining that this month there are about 4 or 5 games being released in japan that he's interested into.
Get Linux, it's good for you! http://www.lubuntu.net
Short, nice, free cartoon http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Nah I don't think that matters a lot honestly. I released Loren on Steam after Banner Saga and if I remember correctly Dragon Age (maybe was later though, not sure, but there was some more top AAA games out) and it did well. Even if had SOME impact, definitely can't be so big :)
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Kills me seeing this topic! PSCD was so fun.
Callista
Young scout

Post by Callista »

I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with sales but I noticed just now that there isn't an initial price discount a.k.a. opening sale for PSCD. I'm not sure if having one would have made a difference.

Other than that, I kind of agree with one of the posters that there's just a lot of new good game releases on Steam and so there's a lot of competition.
Looking for a high quality editor? Then check out my page here: https://callista.itch.io/
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course could be just the indieapocalypse, since it has been a while from my last Steam release! In this case I will discover it soon once I officially release C14 Dating.
If that's the case unfortunately I'll need to try making smaller/cheaper games or something else... but we'll see :)
peregrin
Young scout

Post by peregrin »

Well, duh, because it's not available for Linux, and I...
Hang on... it is?? I thought you said something about this being a Windows-only engine?
Must've missed that update. Or confused myself.
Very well then, here's your money. Don't spend it all at once!

- peregrin

(Apologies for deviating from my usual writing style, but this stream-of-consciousness text accurately captured my reasoning process here.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, all my games are always available on linux :) thanks!
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

I have to Agree with Alex, For me it has been bad timing. All the holiday sales last year completely wiped out what little buffer I had in my hobby budget and since then other things keep taking my money. I keep saying "I'll be able to buy PSCD next pay check." but it hasn't worked out that way so far. I was going to buy it this week but the Power Supply in my PC died and I had to buy a new one,but I'll be able to buy PSCD next pay check...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I'm not sure what's worse. PSCD not selling for some whatever reason, or too much competition. In first case would be my fault so could fix it in future games, in the latter there would be nothing I can do, if people don't have money/there a competition too fierce :shock:
I'll need to make some fanservice game for $9.99 !! :mrgreen: