Steam testing

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
IotaOne
Young scout

Re: Steam testing

Post by IotaOne »

It is hardly advertised on steam, thats probably a main issue. It never showed up until i searched for it. I tried to write a review, but either i have to own the game or i was too stupid to find the button.
"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you need to own the game, you can redeem the keys here (I seem to recall you bought it directly): http://www.bestanimegames.com/steam/
It's hardly advertised probably by a series of factor, first that there are a ton of new releases nowadays (compared to last year, it increased a lot already!) and that the game is not performing well.
It could just be that card games are too niche and don't sell well on Steam of course. I made this one more like because I like them, but I didn't check the market for it (probably a big mistake :lol:).
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

It's not only even a question about having the key, unless you bought it via Steam. Steam doesn't allow one to review games on there unless you've spent at least $5 there within a certain timeframe... at least that's what it told me (once again) when I tried to submit a review for PSCD. Since I always buy direct, I'm logged out of Steam review writing until I make a purchase on a game only available through Steam. I know this will happen eventually, as there is in fact one such an MMO in pre-beta at this time, but for the time being I'll still be forced to remain silent on Steam.

EDIT
jack1974 wrote: I am only a bit worried now since same art will be used on Roger Steel :lol: but well, nothing I can do about it now, it's already done.
Haha, out of all your games not to be released in the immediate future, I'm waiting for Roger Steel the most. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol didn't know they had such limitations!
fabulaparva wrote: Haha, out of all your games not to be released in the immediate future, I'm waiting for Roger Steel the most. :mrgreen:
FEAR :o
Haha Roger Steel will be a RPG, so very different. I hope people won't mind the more realistic art. Honestly I think PSCD will be just one of those games, which everyone who plays it loves it, and you keep wondering what you did wrong, without a real answer. As a creator, is better to forget about it and move on 8)

By the way I want to thank everyone (like you) who bought it, even if maybe is not a RPG or the art is not exactly what they like, etc, because even if you buy a game you won't like 100% you still help me to go on, and make the other games that maybe you like more. You are the true fans :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Personally I loved the art style, but I must admit there are a lot of people who probably passed it over because of the art style.
IotaOne
Young scout

Post by IotaOne »

@fabulaparva ugh, you are right, i have to install and play it via steam.
"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

pahldus wrote:Personally I loved the art style, but I must admit there are a lot of people who probably passed it over because of the art style.
Yeah, art but also setting and the mix with card game. I spoke with RS writer by email and he agreed saying an interesting thing:
if there's one fundamental problem with the game it is that there's too much of a disconnect between audiences that love WinterWolves VNs AND those that like challenging card games AND those that like SciFi. If you imagine a Venn diagram with each of these as a circle, the intersection between them all is probably quite small - with a fantasy game, it may have been a little bit larger
I feel a bit dumb to not having realized it before ! :twisted:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Sorry to hear all that, Jack. I think PSCD is pretty unique, with it being a card game. I thought that would appeal more to the geeky type of people who like calculation, strategy and things like that. One thing that I love about your games, is that there is some unique gameplay element along with the VN, that is fun, but not too challenging (you have various difficulty levels) or rushing for me.

I know there is a game that must not be named. :lol: However, sometime back I've observed people (elsewhere) talking and waiting for it. So, I think it's right to say that if such anime games with anticipation do well, then whew!, you know it's just a matter of the art, which is an easier matter to rectify.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh yeah for sure it was a unique game. Different art style, different gameplay, etc.
It would be much worse if one of my usual dating sim with anime art was doing badly :)
Honestly I always wanted to make a card game, maybe the only thing I would redo differently now, is to make the game smaller. It's not a wise idea to try a new genre with a big game. That's why I made Planet Stronghold first, and then Loren and SOTW after :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Looks like your future is $9.99 games with less than half the content of your current games. :(