general feedback thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: general feedback thread

Post by jack1974 »

Yes definitely. I have access to the source art, and just last week I was looking at some images drawn by Nicole/Remember Me artist. She does some anatomy mistakes, some expressions are off, etc (like all artists! nobody is perfect obviously).
Yet, because they're manga and not realistic, you really don't notice it much, or doesn't have that "uncanny valley effect" you (and several other people) mentioned :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

There is a fine art line between style and a mistake. Ironically enough, stylized art (including manga) requires a good foundation in realism. It's what seperates pros like Satoshi Kon from a kid who doodles on a notebook.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha just got another review. If continues like this, will be the game with highest rating I have on Steam!! at least that's something :mrgreen:
DAMN IT if I used manga art... :cry: :cry:
Well. Anyway, this is cool. I will do more card games in future :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

More positive Steam reviews!
Interesting how this guy says that adding a card game in a visual novel seems weird. It supports my theory, even if I understand it wouldn't be much popular here because of all the VN/story games fans :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:DAMN IT if I used manga art... :cry: :cry:
Well. Anyway, this is cool. I will do more card games in future :)
I still kinda want to see UL the VN/card game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well that won't happen as you know, but yes the next time I try a card game I'll use a fantasy setting :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Well that won't happen as you know, but yes the next time I try a card game I'll use a fantasy setting :)
Just the idea, but why don't you make plot for your next card game about card battles like Yu-Gi-Oh style. And you don't nececerely have to give up fantasy setting, you could go something along the lines "in ancient times monsters lived in this world but fearing their powers human mages trapped them in cards, for long times it was peaceful but then mages who now call themself summoners find a way to use power hidden in cards and wars started again with summoners at front lines" it would probably be first battle card game story in fantasy setting if you did that.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am not very familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh so I should take a look to see what it is, since I don't want to modify the system too much!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:I am not very familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh so I should take a look to see what it is, since I don't want to modify the system too much!
Yu-Gi-Oh is one of most popular real life card collecting games that has many Anime series and video games based on it and in those (At least those that have stories) stories are about group of friends that play battle card game that have magical powers, and while those stories are aimed at children many more mature stories (In forms of Anime, Manga, VNs and games) ware based on it. There is many games with Yu-Gi-OH cards but one of the originals is the best card game I ever played.

I am supersized you don't know about it, it's as popular and as old as Pokemon.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I heard about it, but I have no clue about the actual gameplay mechanics. I guess I will look some youtube videos :)