general feedback thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: general feedback thread

Post by jack1974 »

I don't understand the question :lol: the side missions show up in the map, randomly. You mean the NPC side missions? they show randomly too after scene 10 or something.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:I don't understand the question :lol: the side missions show up in the map, randomly. You mean the NPC side missions? they show randomly too after scene 10 or something.
The game says that I could do their quest or talk to them, but they I couldn't talk to them and the side quest were just like the previous generic ones.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's probably too early then, the NPC mission starts later. As for talk, you can talk to each character ONCE every time the map shows up. Lola and Kaden are available after scene 10-11 too.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:It's probably too early then, the NPC mission starts later. As for talk, you can talk to each character ONCE every time the map shows up. Lola and Kaden are available after scene 10-11 too.
There was never a NPC mission for me and Lola and Kaden were always unavaliable.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well that's the first time I hear about this, so I'm unsure what happened honestly!
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Well that's the first time I hear about this, so I'm unsure what happened honestly!
After the game told about the NPC missions, there were only a few generic side missions and everyone was unavaliable, after I continued the story the same thing happened. But after that the story went to the final missions.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah OK, then I think simply you never talked or did any side mission before. You can't start talking 2 scenes from the end of the main plot and hope to finish any romance path :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Ah OK, then I think simply you never talked or did any side mission before. You can't start talking 2 scenes from the end of the main plot and hope to finish any romance path :lol:
But I finished the romance with Mira, I always talked with everyone when I could. But the side missions were never avaliable to me and neither was talking with Lola or Kaden.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I replayed to be sure. I got NPC missions just fine in the map immediately after scene 10. As for Kaden and Lola, if I remember correctly I removed them to avoid people thinking they could romance them in the base game, not sure, need to look, but of course today I'm not working :wink:
Maruok
Young scout

Post by Maruok »

Despite having bought the game when it was still in pre-release, I did not manage to really play it until this month, so I was not able to be of any help during the beta-testing. Still, now that I have finished it, there are a few comments I would like to do about it.

I personally find it easier to point out the negative aspects of things first, so let me start with a bit of criticism:
- This has already been pointed out by other people, but I would like to stress it too. The story takes place on a military base, during a war against multiple foes. And what do people do in their daily routine? Play video games, have picnics, go camping...
With aliens that may attack at any moment???????????? :shock:
No, sorry, I can not take seriously a story written in this way. Which is a pity, because apart from this the dialogues and characters are really wonderful (see positive comments below).
- This is just an impression of mine, so I could very well be wrong. I played with Alex, and it seems to me that the way he is depicted in the CG scenes is totally different than the sprite people see for most of the time. Face and haircut are slightly changed, and the body looks totally different (the sprite is very muscular, while in the CGs he looks much more slim). Almost two different people! Is it really so, or am I just having allucinations (which, by the way, would be absolutely normal for me)? :mrgreen:

Now the good things:
- I really liked the card game mechanics. The game is straightforward to learn, but challenging and enjoyable.
- As I wrote above, dialogues and characters are really very well constructed. Mario, Mira, Mizuki, Rigel, Galina, Graciela... I loved all of them! Well developed and non-stereotypical personalities, deep and funny at the same time! Well done!
- Good variety of romances, fitting almost all possible tastes (even though Rigel is still Number 1 for me!)

So, to conclude, despite a few things that may be improved, I am really happy for having bought this game! Congratulations to Jack and all collaborators! :)

And, last but not least...
Spoiler:
When will Age of Aravorn be out? After having read Mizuki's scenes, I MUST play that game! :lol: