general gameplay

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
IotaOne
Young scout

general gameplay

Post by IotaOne »

Is it just me or is Mission 5 ridiculous difficult? I mean compared to all other mission. The cards you get are fixed, but without uprgade it is a lot of trial and error even on medium difficult level.
Last edited by IotaOne on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry."
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: general gameplay

Post by jack1974 »

I think the problem is that each of the previous scene choice give you a bonus. I think even Franka (who basically was the "main/official tester" during development) said that except the turret choice, the others were hard. I had already tweaked it a bit, but if you and others think it's too hard I can add a few more cards to the player. Just adding more starting cards for player should make it easier :)

edit: I just tried it, using the "storm of bullet" choice, and was able to beat at 1st try in Hard. Not sure if I was just lucky of course.
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: general gameplay

Post by Franka »

With the more expensive action cards, Storm of Bullets used to be the most difficult choice, but I don't know what balance changes were made more recently. The turret choice was definitely the easiest of the four choices. I do remember clearly that mission 5 has a difficulty spike compared to the earlier tutorial missions. It can certainly be cleared on hard for all choices, but it might take a few tries. This is when the training wheels start coming off.