PSCD 1.0.0 - official release

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

PSCD 1.0.0 - official release

Post by jack1974 »

As some of you have noticed, I put the game "live" on the main website. The official page is: http://winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
I wrote an interesting postmortem in my blog today: blog/2016/01/planet-stronghold-colonial ... ostmortem/

Like with all games, I'm spreading the release through several days. One day live on site, the next day newsletter, then social network etc. I do this to avoid concentrating all people on my poor server all at once.

Of course this doesn't mean I'll stop updating the game. Like I do with all my other games (especially when are RPGs or complex games like this one) I will probably do a few updates, and in any case the DLC later this year (thinking probably April). But the game is done and playable, several people bought it already and no other bugs have been reported :)

What's New in version 1.0.0
- fixed a fullscreen bug under Windows 10
- Graciela's True Vision card now can target both friend and enemy, and all kind of targets (before only Organic)
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Re: PSCD 1.0.0 - official release

Post by Harbinger1975 »

Congratulations on the release of Planet Stronghold: Colonial Defense, Jack!
*applauds*
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Congratulations :D

That goes for both Winterwolves (-and- the people who helped with testing too) I've enjoyed the game so far, even if I can only claim one proper playthrough.
Love the Planet Stronghold setting (and have since the first game). Going to hop back into this and -enjoy- it, just recently started playing the original too.

There are many games I'm really interested in that are still in development (or waiting for dev. attention) :D Which's a good thing too, having things to look forward to is important as well
Hope everyone'll like Colonial Defense, as I have
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! it's still too early to say (I need to wait at least 6 months before drawing conclusions) but so far results seems encouraging. As I wrote in the blog, I hope it does at least "OK", so I could justify making more card games, since I like them, and had fun with it. And now that the framework is basically done (with a few tweaks maybe) would be a pity to reuse it only for Undead Lily :)
Now I am working on QoT... and I hope to be working on some "smaller games" next, which would still be bigger than most of what other indies do (usually 100-150k words is considered already a big game!).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I can't believe we started testing in November... Everything except missing voices was ready in early January! I know there was writing and art before that, but considering all the fixes and balancing done on 30 missions that was insanely fast!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, indeed is some kind of record :lol:
Of course, compared to a RPG like SOTW has the big advantage that there's no level up, or inventory / skills. Also it's linear (the side missions are optional) so balancing and testing is surely faster. Still, it was really amazing how quickly was done :)
I have already some ideas in mind for UL, just a few minor tweaks. Anyway, for now I'll concentrate on finishing QoT and then think about it (by this Summer the writing and art should be done).
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Franka wrote:I can't believe we started testing in November... Everything except missing voices was ready in early January! I know there was writing and art before that, but considering all the fixes and balancing done on 30 missions that was insanely fast!
And it went fast as well thanks to you, Troyen, and others who helped with beta-testing, typos, etc.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Cheers to a great game! Thanks winterwolves and crew. ^.^
redsimon
Young scout

Post by redsimon »

I started playing it today and love it. 8)

Only things I would change/add is different attack sounds for a normal card attack (perhaps one for each small guns/big guns/melee) and more achievements for the card game battles.
Maybe you can add that with the DLC.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Currently I can have a sound for each ability, but not different sounds for each attack "type". Something I can add of course. As for achievements depends, I didn't want to add too many related to the battles, since being a card game sometimes you get lucky so it's easy to get them. Anyway I will add more in the DLC, so when time comes I can see what else I can add :)