Mission Notes

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Mission Notes

Post by jack1974 »

No problem, was just wondering if the 2nd tier was less difficult or not. I will probably tweak them too by tonight :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I made some tests, but I'm going to follow those rules:
1) for the NPC sidemissions, as long as it can be beaten even later in the game, I won't change them. I tried changing Samuel, but then later was super easy, or with Diana because of sharpshooter card. Since those are optional missions, and you can even change the difficulty, doesn't make sense to make them easier.
2) same for the other random sidemissions. If something is too easy on hard, I'll boost up. But considering there is no penalty in reducing the difficulty, I'm not going to make the hard too low if can still be beaten somehow. Unless you tell me "this mission CAN'T be win at all on hard" :)

because of the nature of the card game is a bit hard, since luck plays a big role (like in all card games). Unless you tell me you tried that mission 10 times on hard and never managed to win, then OK, luck might not be the reason! :lol:

For the main plot missions instead I'm going to make them a bit more on the easy side even on Hard, since they are not optional.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Is it possible to have the NPC side missions start after we unlock the epic tier of cards then? That would make things a lot simpler because we have access to AoE damage cards, etc.

I think it's a problem to have missions unlock that you can't beat until later, because you need cards that you don't have yet.

Oh, and Mission 5 bullet storm on Hard could not be beaten in 10 tries. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Is it possible to have the NPC side missions start after we unlock the epic tier of cards then? That would make things a lot simpler because we have access to AoE damage cards, etc.

I think it's a problem to have missions unlock that you can't beat until later, because you need cards that you don't have yet.
I could do that but then you couldn't finish them all? there wouldn't be enough side missions "breaks" in the main plot I think...
Franka wrote: Oh, and Mission 5 bullet storm on Hard could not be beaten in 10 tries. :)
You tried in the new version ?! :o I tweaked that one!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Nono, I didn't try the improved Mission 5 yet. :)

Yeah, I see that rare cards are unlocked pretty late. Not much for it then. Will the NPC mission at least stick around until later?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The NPC missions are unlocked after scene 11, and are randomly added until you clear them all until the end of the story. I think I add 3-4 each time, so if you do them all on every "break", maybe you can finish all of them before end of the game. But I'm not 100% sure :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Oh, I've finished all of them with Diana, I'm just asking if I don't complete an NPC side mission before Continuing Story will it be there on the next break?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no, they're randomly re-added on each break (except those you have already done).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Oh ok, so it can randomly come back at least. I think there were 2-3 breaks more than what was needed to clear everything when I played Diana.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I remembered that I added 2 more breaks a few updates ago to make sure was possible to trigger romances and jealousy scenes, so I think should be possible :)