PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 0.7.8 - beta demo!

Post by Franka »

Anima_ wrote:Too late. Of course here comes the prize question. What will happen now when you try that little parlour trick?
So now what happens is:

1) Automated Repair Device 0/4
2) Optimization 3/4
3) Unoptimal Balance 7/0, we die instantly

1) Upgraded Automated Repair Device 1/6
2) Optimization 4/6
3) Unoptimized Balance 9/1

So, the bonus from Optimization will no longer be swapped.

However, we don't lose the +3 from Optimization until start of the next turn. Which means we can now make Cannon Turret +3 attack during opponent's turn.
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

Post by Franka »

Gambling just gave me 5 credits?? (It was the second Gambling card I played in that game, if that makes any difference)

For some reason, I cannot play Gambling as my first card in a game?

Wait, it's worse than that. If Gambling is my last card on the right, I can't play it as the first card. If it's not, I can play it, and I get a new copy of Gambling as my far right card. Well, it doesn't acutally get played, it just moves to the far right of my hand.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Regarding the optimization maybe swapping the stats can cause too much trouble :lol: in that case will change it to something else.
About gambling, might be some wrong parameters, I'll check the card myself (I never tested it before).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Gambling is now working. Also I tweaked the AI, now they target units which can give a discount more often. Before doing any tweaks to the Recruit card, I want you to test the new update (which will upload later next week with 5 new missions). I did some tests and even if you manage to do your "exploit", it's not an automatic win anymore vs the new AI :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Also I tweaked the AI, now they target units which can give a discount more often. Before doing any tweaks to the Recruit card, I want you to test the new update (which will upload later next week with 5 new missions). I did some tests and even if you manage to do your "exploit", it's not an automatic win anymore vs the new AI :)
Sure, but the problem is not so much that I have a discount unit. The problem is more that I have 13 attack worth of units before the AI even has a turn.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that might be an issue, but I added some new enemy actions which are really bastard... like decreasing all attack to 1, and so on. Anyway, after new version is up you can tell me if your trick still works or not :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yep, looking forward to it. It's also ok that you can walk all over the game to begin with, but it gets harder over time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The side missions should be harder also early in the game now, since are optional. Those after 10 scene are even harder, I wasn't able to beat some, but of course I haven't optimized my deck or anything. Will just let player tell me what's wrong :)
Finished mission11 and began the 12, so probably to get to 15 will be faster than a week I think.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ugh today computer started to give problems...
I went out for a walk and when was home the UPS was broken :( and the computer is behaving randomly again, random reboots, etc. It's only 3 years old! :shock:
I'll need to order a new one, I have also a Mac and Linux, so I can continue development there, but is a bit of a mess. I cleaned it (had lot of dust in the power unit) and maybe will work now. But just to be sure I'll get a new one and transfer everything there :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So while I'm getting a backup PC, this one SEEMS working (crossing fingers!). Today did mission13, with a nice "guest card":
:o
(of course the card above just shows up for a mission, otherwise would be quite overpowered!)