PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 0.7.8 - beta demo!

Post by jack1974 »

Haha WTF :) well, the mission11 I'm designing now has some interesting Robobrain actions:
also notice the hacked autorepair bot :wink:

I'm uploading a new version with the deck screen fix now.
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

Post by Franka »

The exercise for the optimal first turn, if you want to go through it, is as follows. You're playing a side mission, starting with 2 credits, 1 of each other resource.

1) Play Recruiter (1 credit, 1 personnel)
2) Play Recruit (1 material)
3) Play Sharpshooter for free
4) Play Assault on Sharpshooter (1 credit, draw a Sharpshooter)
5) Play Sharpshooter for free
6) Win

This is the perfect turn though, most of the time the best you can hope for is 2 units. Is Recruit too strong? Well, this is made with the units we have right now, and it's pretty good.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think the issues might be two:
1) the AI is not very smart right now. Most of my Hard plays are a race against the CPU to who reduces the opponent's HP to zero. But if I just do a small change, that is try to kill Recruiter ASAP with units or offensive actions (which currently AI doesn't have), would be different
2) tweak the Recruit so that works only for current turn? though when I asked Anima he told me was a bit of a pain :oops: or have Recruit cost more, so can't be used quickly.

I'll make sure that a way or another the missions after 10th are tough on Hard, and if some card combos are too strong will tweak them.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

You shouldn't be trying to balance the game around somebody who manages to play three strong units on the first turn. That's going to break the game for every other deck. You have to tweak the Recruit card.

One possibility could be that it reduces only the Personnel cost of Organic units by 1. Sure, you can play all your Scouts and Regular Infantry for free, but these aren't very strong. However, Recruiter gives us more Personnel resources, so having those two cards at the same time would be pointless, and we'd have to tweak Recruiter too. It also might make Recruit too weak.

How about Recruit reduces only the credit cost of all Organics by 1? (It already reduces everything by 1, including credits.) Now we can play stronger units without killing stuff, but we don't get free units.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Just so we don't forget, amidst all the breaking and abusing I do, we've done some really good things so far, such as:

1) Made Diana's starting cards as good as Alex's. They play differrently, but they're both good now.

2) Identified some very weak cards and made them much better.

3) Found some highly problematic cards and put them more in line.

4) Reworked some missions to be much more playable, especially adding HP to the enemy, so we can end fights without going 20 turns.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

A more general issue that I've found, that I think you need to address:

- Sometimes it's "health", sometimes it's "HP", sometimes it's "hit points"

- Sometimes it's "attack", sometimes it's "AT"

- Sometimes it's "heal", sometimes it's "repair", sometimes it's "regain", sometimes it's "regenerate"

These should each be made to say the same thing, if you mean the same thing.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: How about Recruit reduces only the credit cost of all Organics by 1? (It already reduces everything by 1, including credits.) Now we can play stronger units without killing stuff, but we don't get free units.
Hmm I think this is the best idea. This way the more powerful card later would still cost credits that you don't get so easily. Yes, I think will ask Anima to change the card reduction ability to work this way (there are other units with this skill later in the game).
Franka wrote:Just so we don't forget, amidst all the breaking and abusing I do, we've done some really good things so far
Definitely, I'm quite happy how things are going so far. Thanks for your feedback BTW, was really useful :)
Franka wrote:A more general issue that I've found, that I think you need to address:
Yes, I will review all cards and use same word. In some I used short forms because the text was too long, but probably I will just use attack and hit points and try to reduce the description in general.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Bug:

Apex-Rahn Berserker isn't doing what it says it should.

"Every time it takes damage, gain +1 attack."

Instead it's doing this:

"Every time it deals damage, gain +1 attack."
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah, the description is wrong, effect is right (at least that's the intention).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Definitely, I'm quite happy how things are going so far. Thanks for your feedback BTW, was really useful :)
Finally, 20 years of playing CCGs have found a use. :lol:
jack1974 wrote:Ah, the description is wrong, effect is right (at least that's the intention).
Ok, I'll have to re-evaluate how good/bad the card is then. And here I was making a Hard Discipline Apex-Rahn Berserker deck. Also, I thought that the text made sense, since we get Matrick Mercenary from the same character, who damages the units next to him.