PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: PSCD 0.7.9 - beta demo!

Post by jack1974 »

Phew, finished all the NPC side-missions! There are some background images missing, some enemies that you'll encounter only later in the game, and in general they should be very hard. Not all of them should be possible while you're only at mission15 of main plot (though I managed to win them all to be honest :lol:).
The only thing left now is to make sure all the friendship/romance dialogues are played in the right order, and an improvement of the AI (Anima is checking it right now).
After those two things are done I can finally release the next update. It should be sometimes this coming week, I don't want to rush things and maybe force people to restart from scratch so I want to test it well this time!
Ixionos
Young scout

Post by Ixionos »

I think it's better to get things done right than fast, especially if this can avoid having to start from the beginning again. So please take the time you need to make sure everything goes smooth for next update. I love this game and I look forward to play new missions.

That aside, I wanted to know if side missions improve romance score with romanceable characters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the NPCs side missions are just for gameplay. There's also a small scene but is shorter than the dialogue ones (a few lines) so I won't include those in the VN-Mode version :)
Ah I forgot, there's no "romance score" in this game: unless you pick the option to stop the romance (will be obvious which one is when you see it), the romance will go on. It will change based on the previous choices. So if on dialogue 1 you picked an option to have a black dress made, then in dialogue 2 the NPC will talk about that dress, and so on.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Aww, I have tomorrow off from work and was hoping to play some.

Oh well, I guess I'll play an inferior game instead, like a Telltale game or something. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I really wanted to do this AI fix, since the battles would be completely different if the enemy starts killing your units when is low on health. But I can't do this myself so must wait for Anima. Anyway, I'll keep going on adding the other missions, so maybe next update could even be up to mission 20 instead of 15 :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima found the bug (which was in my code obviously). I also managed to test all the friendship/romance dialogues and I think they should all work. I still recommend saving before each talk just to be sure in case I need to update again (I quickly tested skipping stuff and SEEMS to work fine).
Well I might even manage a new update later today then 8)