Tower Defense!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Tower Defense!

Post by Franka »

Just noticed this relic in the forum overview. :P

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Tower Defense!

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I didn't update it since I created the forum! will do it now :mrgreen:
(originally this was as TD game, but previous coder dropped ball)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

It's unfortunate, since I wanted to see how you would handle a real-time game...not to mention the title was perfect for the genre you were originally going for.

I'm still looking forward to the card game though.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, to be honest I think is better that I didn't do it - they seem simple in appearance, but speaking with other indie developers, it is quite a nightmare to balance and make it fun :shock:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Count me as really, really happy you changed the game to a CCG - not only is that my favorite kind of game, but I don't like Tower Defense games at all. I was all set to give this game a pass, but then you changed it into something wonderful!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good. I also think (but is just an idea, maybe is wrong) that people who like story-based games, RPG or VN/Dating Sim are more into CCG than TD games.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Yes, I would assume (but might be wrong) that your audience would be more into turn based than real time.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I think the big thing is people you like your games are less likely to like action oriented games and probably prefer strategy or puzzle type games. I know that even though I like some action games, I much prefer strategy games.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I actually am really unfond of puzzle games. , to get a story I find interesting I dont even try, I open up the walkthrough and do it step by step to watch the cutscenes. I find them aggravating. I haven't played a stategy game in a while either. I love action games, even if I don't always play for the action, but Jacks games just have that special something that make them worth buying and feel good about it afterward.