Variable resources in missions

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Variable resources in missions

Post by jack1974 »

Here it is, I also included a bit of the background story, showing a choice. Based on the choice, the mission goal changes :)
As you can see, I could summon the units one after the other without particular issues. Playing in Normal level. It's the 3rd tutorial battle, so isn't supposed to be hard, but just to get players familiar with the cards, like Galina's Mine field which really kick asses 8)

Since might not be clear: whenever there's an opponent target (with HP, not all missions have one), when you click end turn all units who haven't attacked yet, and aren't invisible, will attack the enemy opponent automatically (to save clicking!).

The fight actually last 1 minute or so, but mainly because I've played it so many times that I know by memory :lol: and also all animations are missing and I set the timer to go at 0,2 seconds (so super-fast).
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Yes, once is spent you have to earn back.
So like:
turn1: 1 energy (+1)
turn2: summon card that cost 1 energy = 1 energy left (+1)
turn3: 2 energy (+1)
That makes things completely different!

In that case, you'll need to adjust the card costs carefully, since every card played can have a huge impact on what cards you can play in the future.

Of course if all cards are cheap, resources will be irrelevant, as you say. Ideally, that should definitely not be the case.

Are there cards that damage resources?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No there are only cards that can give more resources (like an extra +1 each turn, etc). But not many.
Yeah I think I need to raise the costs of higher levels cards and probably should be good!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ok, I just thought of a fiendish AI card that could hit your resources.

*Goes into hiding before giving the developer too many evil ideas*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha could be a very bastard card :)
Anyway here's an example of one of the most powerful Empire (neutral) cards. Empire cards are always available, no matter which heroes you pick for the mission:
4 population 1 material 2 credit
It's not cheap, but probably should be even higher, since you can summon only one each battle... :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Ok, I just thought of a fiendish AI card that could hit your resources.

*Goes into hiding before giving the developer too many evil ideas*
How about this?
:mrgreen: PSCD players knows who to thank for that one! :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Evil, I tell you. What sort of demented mind would think of something like that?
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

What sort of cards does each companion have?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Each hero has some sort of "theme", like Mizuki is related to hacking, computers, electronics, Xavier mechanics, etc. But I also put some different cards to add a bit more variety :)