Road to demo release

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Road to demo release

Post by jack1974 »

Anima_ wrote:Laziness is one of the strongest drives towards innovation. :wink:

In the last week alone I got almost a hundred mails from Jack. And we aren't even in the Beta yet. That's crazy. Hopefully sleepykitten and Deji can distract him with C14 soon, I could use the break. :|
MOUHAHAHA the goal is to reach 1 thousand mails before end of year!!! :o
Nah I have everything done for this weekend demo. Maybe even for the mid-month demo. Except for bugs of course :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK so I was testing the team talk, I had put it after mission 3 to break a bit from the card game and... :lol: Lola showed up. But she is introduced only later, and so I remembered: since the first 10 missions were tutorial missions, I agreed with writer that the "team talk" was available only after scene 10 is played.
Not a big problem, but this means that unfortunately this weekend demo won't have the team talk. Unless I manage to make all the 10 missions. Now that all bugs/features seems solved, I might even manage to go faster though. We'll see :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Hmm...is it possible to split the tutorial missions into two chunks or would that mess up the writing too much? 5 minutes a game x 10 missions is about an hour of playtime before you even get to the story part?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Troyen wrote:Hmm...is it possible to split the tutorial missions into two chunks or would that mess up the writing too much? 5 minutes a game x 10 missions is about an hour of playtime before you even get to the story part?
Actually, the story does take place throughout the missions. However, the separate Friendship and Romance dialogues take place after the tutorial.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Okay, that makes more sense.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes as you can see in the video I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3729&start=10#p35071
The story is "all around" the missions. I was very careful for this game to not break the story too much like I did with SOTW. Even if you're a newbie of card games, should take you maximum 3-4 minutes each fight before you get back to the story :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the side missions screen. Not sure I'll manage to add this in the planned weekend early demo, but I'll try to!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Okay today was totally nuts :lol:
I really worked hard, and I think I'll take tomorrow off, since I'm very burned out. However, I made a lot of progress. There shouldn't be problems to finish the first 5 missions and have a demo Sunday or maybe Monday :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Thank you Jack! We really appreciate it!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Awesome, sounds like things are progressing nicely