the game GUI thread!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Re: the game GUI thread!

Post by OhHaiMe »

Franka wrote: you always want things to be as visually clear as possible, so you can tell important numbers at a glance. You can put numbers on top of colors, as long as they don't blend. It's those icons that confuse the eye, so you have to do a double take to read the number (or at least I do).
You're not wrong, but it's still good to give each color a unique shape to make it color blind friendly.
(Not that I'm color blind,But it's something people always seem to be concerned about in the board and card game community that you never hear much about when it comes to videos games.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I showed this thread to the GUI artist and he said would make custom-shaped icons for the attack/hp and resources, like the example above. I think indeed that's a better solution :)
Will probably rotate the sword 45° counter-clockwise so it's more visible.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

OhHaiMe wrote:
Franka wrote: you always want things to be as visually clear as possible, so you can tell important numbers at a glance. You can put numbers on top of colors, as long as they don't blend. It's those icons that confuse the eye, so you have to do a double take to read the number (or at least I do).
You're not wrong, but it's still good to give each color a unique shape to make it color blind friendly.
(Not that I'm color blind,But it's something people always seem to be concerned about in the board and card game community that you never hear much about when it comes to videos games.)
Very good point!

That looks like a great solution, Jack!
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I think that should solve everyone's issues. It looks really good and tight.