Romance graph + DLC preview

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Romance graph + DLC preview

Post by jack1974 »

The cat's out of the bag :mrgreen:
blog post: blog/2015/09/planet-stronghold-colonial ... mance-dlc/
As I wrote in the blog, I was able to plan a DLC already mostly thanks to Miakoda incredible work. She was very fast (and writing of good quality) and she really wanted to offer even more romances, so we planned a DLC already.
This means that once the base game is done, I will be able to make the DLC in a reasonable amount of time (few months) since I should have all art/writing ready. I might even add some more gameplay/cards/missions, though I'm unsure about that yet (depends how the main game does).

Are you happy? the DLC will have as much romances as the base game!! Best DLC ever :mrgreen:
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Romance graph + DLC preview

Post by ValHallen »

I'm sorry Jack, but a CG doesn't equate a full romance. The "nice surprise" turned out to be a disappointment to me.

And lol at the Christophe being a romance, he should be purged with fire.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I really like Lola! So the added romances are Lola, Galina, Kaden and Christophe?
OhHaiMe
Young scout

Post by OhHaiMe »

Galina! :give_heart:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:I'm sorry Jack, but a CG doesn't equate a full romance. The "nice surprise" turned out to be a disappointment to me.
Well on the bright side, the news of UL "romance all sprites!" should make you happy :wink:
ValHallen wrote: And lol at the Christophe being a romance, he should be purged with fire.
Haha indeed his romance is a bit... particular!
kadakithis wrote:I really like Lola! So the added romances are Lola, Galina, Kaden and Christophe?
Yes exactly :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote: Well on the bright side, the news of UL "romance all sprites!" should make you happy :wink:
Don't worry I understand it, it was free and added a romance to what seen to be the largest demographic of WW's games. While it still a sour taste its not a big deal, specially because there where others games that they had less romances (like PS and Roomates).
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Two more female romances for Diana! *swoons* Thank you! <3 Lola.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

This looks so sweet! I love romances a lot. But I think, if it's within your reach, it would be good to add a little bit more gameplay/cards/missions to round up the value of those too. :)

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this game! (Gonna play Diana as a start) :mrgreen:
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I'm going to be honest , I'm really dissapoint by this...and I don't where to begin.

I always knew that there is a big Yuri bias there is a lot more yuri game in production and I'm completly ok with this but there was several moment where this annoyed me.

I'm not the type to rant but I'm not the type to hide what I think

rant mode on

-when C14 yuri version was annonced because the artist and writer was supposed to work on SH2(an all combo romance game) if the goal was to make to make C14 a all-combo romance game I would have been okay with this but it isn't so an all combo romance game was push back for the sake of yuri.

-when in SOTW the GxG option got a special treatment with the all deceit thing, I was annoyed because you had to play a specefic romance to fight the hardest boss in the game but in this end I was okay with it because it's a small thing.

-I was most annoyed by this game, when this game was announced, it was a BxG and BxB game, but when someone ask to play has the girl, the game change direction to add a female protagonist which is great because more people can play the game and it is more than a VN because it has gameplay so the more romance combo the better but I was annoyed that it happened so easily because all the other time we say we want another protagonist or romance option we always get "please wait for X game" or something like it for exemple in this topic
jack1974 wrote:
ValHallen wrote:I'm sorry Jack, but a CG doesn't equate a full romance. The "nice surprise" turned out to be a disappointment to me.
Well on the bright side, the news of UL "romance all sprites!" should make you happy :wink:
ValHallen wrote:
the game who wasn't the supposed to have yuri option end up having more option than every other combo option,the game was fair before DLC, now it isn't anymore.

I wish the bias stayed out of the all combo romance game.

rant mode off
jack1974 wrote: And yes, Diana gets an extra romance but the extra CG Alex gets will be totally worth it, is probably one of the most beautiful image I've seen :)
-I'm pretty sure no one care that Diana has the same number of romance that Alex or not, I think most people care that every combo as the same number of romance option, so in this case it's not

Diana= 7 romance option
Alex=6 romance option +1 extra CG

it's

GxG=4 option
GxB=3 option
BxG=3 option+1 extra CG
BxB=3 option

what I mean by this is that you can add has much content has you want for Alex to compensated for the 1 less romance option if that content is BxG it mean nothing for the people who will play Alex for the BxB option so the fact that Alex got an extra CG with Mira is not really a good compromised. w
Well it wasn't one in the first place.

and I'm really dissapointed that Kaden isn't a BxB option, you ask us if we tought he was hot and hinted that he could be a DLC romance but didn't say if was going to be a BxB or a GxB option , without the precision and the fact that you didn't the question toward a certain public I tought he was going to be bi but I guess it was my own mistake to assumed such a thing, I should have ask back then.

I was hyped for the DLC romance, I'm not really anymore.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, you've all the rights to be disappointed from your point of view of course.
I know BxB has good potential but the real test will be with Heirs & Graces (I'm one of the few indies with a yaoi only game being developed right now BTW). If that one does well, you can expect more BxB stuff in future for sure, even if a lot depends also on writers/artist/etc. (not everyone writes yaoi).
For BxG, I already know that unless I go with very erotic stuff, it can't compete with the rest. But I'm still going to do it, since I want to TRY to make everyone happy, even if it's honestly I know it's an impossible goal :wink: