some numbers!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: some numbers!

Post by Miakoda »

That is my thinking exactly Exizel. I can point at a few other real world examples as well. That is why I figure it is a non-issue; if homosexual couples wish to have children, there really isn't a reason not to.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Exizel wrote:I don't really know a lot about what we can do about reproduction today but a quick look on the net give me this

http://phys.org/news/2010-12-reproducti ... thers.html (2010)

and

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... women.html (2015)

so this what is happening today so in a few hundred year....beside I'm not a expert but for a child to have 2 biogical fathers/mothers seen a like a walk in the park compared to going to live on a planet who is several billion light year away from earth.

so in PS universe where space travel is possible, same-sex reproduction should be easy.
I didnt know about those information, I was just curious how Miakoda would handle it, but now its settled, thanks for the information.

Still curious to know who will be the parent of John Nelson and his brother, because Joshua looks more like Diana and Lisa looks more like Alex. I know initially they werent siblings, but its quite a coincidence.
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

ValHallen wrote:Still curious to know who will be the parent of John Nelson and his brother, because Joshua looks more like Diana and Lisa looks more like Alex. I know initially they werent siblings, but its quite a coincidence.
Genetics can be weird that way. I have a friend who's the spitting image of her aunt.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

I didnt know about those information, I was just curious how Miakoda would handle it, but now its settled, thanks for the information.
I was just thinking of readily available modern things which someone wouldn't bat an eye at; heck, for the curious, Great Britain just passed the option of allowing 3 parent babies. Admittedly, that is the sensationalistic title, but it essentially would allow DNA from 2 mothers, and the father so as to minimize or eliminate certain genetic diseases. And that is what is available with today's technology; so in the future which is PSCD, I honestly think it isn't a big factor ;) (

And speaking of which, I'm pleased things seem to be going well. I finished 30 friendship dialogues out of 75, placing it at 40%.

This also means that Scenes/Missions are done, though there are some changes I will have to go back and make (such as the change from a tower defense to a card game). Just speaking for myself, I think PSCD is in a good position at the moment :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Just another minor update. As of today, I have 38 friendship dialogues finished, putting it at just a little over 50% done.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

So at this rate we can see the game in April? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, even if writing is going VERY WELL, and Miakoda earned the title of "Legendary Writer" (tm) :lol: the card combat system is still in early stages. Anima is implementing all my crazy ideas for it, I have designed over 50 cards, but artist needs still to draw all of them :oops: Though the cards are smaller, so should take less time than a full character (and anyway he's very fast).
I think the coding part could be the one taking more time, since is a new thing so I can't reuse a previous engine. But is coming very nicely and I think might be the birth of a series of CCG games from me (Undead Lily is another for example).
I hope to get some news from the various dating sims, otherwise might not have any new game out for my birthday in April... well SOTW DLC could be on preorder without the ending CGs maybe...
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Haha no, even if writing is going VERY WELL,
It is going pretty good I would say. I finished up with Friendship #60 (out of 75). That is 80% done. Unless something happens, I should be starting the romance dialogues late next week.

The preliminary sketches for some of the new creatures/aliens are looking good, and some of the variants are awesome.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Miakoda wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Haha no, even if writing is going VERY WELL,
It is going pretty good I would say. I finished up with Friendship #60 (out of 75). That is 80% done. Unless something happens, I should be starting the romance dialogues late next week.

The preliminary sketches for some of the new creatures/aliens are looking good, and some of the variants are awesome.
Sometimes wish the forums had a thumbs up for posts. Great job Miakoda you deserve a pat on the back :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha there should be some thumbs up / thanks mod for phpBB, I could add it as a virtual "thank you" form :lol: