some numbers!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: some numbers!

Post by jack1974 »

Yes there are several "tough choices", some of which are reflected also in the ending CGs :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Speaking of jelousy scenes, something like this should happen if you romance 2 people at the same time =P

Romance spoiler from The Witcher 3.
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha not a bad "jealousy scene" :mrgreen: Indeed I should do it in some future game too.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Any moral dubios choice like in the first PS? I liked that you could go with the Empire and help to exterminate the aliens and slave the Mattricks, and you werent a villain, Nelson was only following orders of the King, he could even express doubt if he was doing the right thing. I miss a protagonist like Nelson in WW's games
Jack1974 answered this, but yes, I there are some morally dubious choices.
ValHallen wrote:Speaking of jelousy scenes, something like this should happen if you romance 2 people at the same time =P

Romance spoiler from The Witcher 3.
That's pretty good. :) Though, I think Jack1974 will agree there is a good variety available in the PSCD scenes.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Progress update

Post by Miakoda »

And for people interested in the state of the progress:
I tentatively have all the Missions/Scenes coded up for roughly 80,000 words (it is actually over that). I have all the friendship dialogues done (once again, over 80,000 words. There are 5 friendship scenes, 5 per character). I'm roughly half done with the romance dialogues, but between them and the jealousy dialogues, it will definitely be over 40,000 words.

Depending on how August goes, I may get the endings/epilogues done, as well as two areas I wish to expand the scenes, and adding the Codex. If nothing else, the writing will be done in September (roughly a year from when I started).

The artist is almost done with everything (the artist has done phenomenally in my opinion.) and I believe the music is well in hand. So while the game isn't going to be out in a couple months, I think it is in a pretty good state all things considered.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Re: Progress update

Post by Exizel »

Miakoda wrote:And for people interested in the state of the progress:
I tentatively have all the Missions/Scenes coded up for roughly 80,000 words (it is actually over that). I have all the friendship dialogues done (once again, over 80,000 words. There are 5 friendship scenes, 5 per character). I'm roughly half done with the romance dialogues, but between them and the jealousy dialogues, it will definitely be over 40,000 words.

Depending on how August goes, I may get the endings/epilogues done, as well as two areas I wish to expand the scenes, and adding the Codex. If nothing else, the writing will be done in September (roughly a year from when I started).

The artist is almost done with everything (the artist has done phenomenally in my opinion.) and I believe the music is well in hand. So while the game isn't going to be out in a couple months, I think it is in a pretty good state all things considered.
:o You and the artist are WW's golden team ,back when the game was announced I didn't expected that the writing and the art would be done before next year
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Me neither :) also considering the size/scope of the game, one of the biggest and with most CGs / art ever made. I think so far it has been my most expensive game to date :shock:
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Post by Ryocchi »

OMG I cannot be more pumped!!! hope you surprise us announcing the release date soon :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no no, there's still several card art to do, plus the battle screen GUI, and of course the most important part: Anima needs to finish coding the card framework, deck building, I need to code the enemy AI... it's a big game under all aspects. I think that once Anima has done the coding, I could be able to finish it in 3-4 months though :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Progress update

Post by Miakoda »

Exizel wrote: :o You and the artist are WW's golden team ,back when the game was announced I didn't expected that the writing and the art would be done before next year
Well, hopefully you will think the writing has the quality as well.

Anyways, just wanted to make a short update that I have all the romance dialogues up. Between those, and the jealousy scenes, it has come to be roughly 60,000 words. With the numbers I quoted before (80,000 for missions/scenes, and 80,000 for friendships) that comes to roughly 220,000 words.

I figure there may be an additional 20,000 words for the things I mentioned earlier (The different endings, the epilogues, the Codex, and a couple places where I wanted to add a few more scenes).