some numbers!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

some numbers!

Post by jack1974 »

Miakoda emailed me and made me notice this:
Anyways, I will get two or three more done today, and I will be 10% done with Friendship Dialogues. With 15 characters (including Alex and Diana) and at 5 dialogues apiece, that is 75 total.
75 friendship/romance dialogues!! is quite a record. Some are short, but still !! :)
I'm quite happy how PSCD is turning out, if we don't consider the setting (sci-fi) and the gameplay (CCG instead of pure RPG), it's definitely the game closest to Loren regarding romance, relationships, characters interactions, etc. It also has quite some funny moments and sexual innuendo. Some scenes reminded me of Chambara's one of Loren, and that is GOOD 8)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Re: some numbers!

Post by iWeasle »

Sweet :) .
We love you guys <3 .
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

So this is a tower defense game where you hold off against hordes of...romance-able characters?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Tsk you didn't pay attention!! :)
In another post I explained that gave up the tower defense idea since was too difficult to implement (besides there are other 3012893201 games like that). So I'm going to use a new card game framework being coded right now by Anima that I'll also reuse for Undead Lily. Makes more sense since I have already two games that could use it.
So romance+card game battles 8)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Troyen wrote:So this is a tower defense game where you hold off against hordes of...romance-able characters?
*grins* Now I have an image of someone with Cupid's Bow and Arrow firing into a swirling mass of potential love interests...causing them to turn their affections on each other.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Just in case anyone is curious, I've hit 20% (that is 15 of the 75 Friendship dialogues).

And the artist is really kicking ass :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Since you guys are speaking of writing, I have two question about it.

First is: How do you guys will make sure to at least one of the Nelsons siblings to conceive both John Nelson and Joshua's father? since both of them can end in a homosexual relationship and I dont think John and Joshua's father were adopted, its impossible to one of them to be the canon parent.

and second is: Shouldnt the Empire be at war against Earth? If they all came from Earth, how its possible to them to be at war? At least its what a picture of the Codex, that Jack posted in his twitter, says (but I think its very contraditory, since Bellami is a earthling and Joshua is a martian).
the pic is this one:
Spoiler:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:since both of them can end in a homosexual relationship and I dont think John and Joshua's father were adopted, its impossible to one of them to be the canon parent.
I'll let Miakoda think about this, but considering in the game there are semi-sentient robots... making kids without having a normal sexual intercourse shouldn't be a problem!

Regarding the image, that was a codex entry written 2 years ago, even before thinking about making PSCD. It's just a text that will be changed :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

First is: How do you guys will make sure to at least one of the Nelsons siblings to conceive both John Nelson and Joshua's father? since both of them can end in a homosexual relationship and I dont think John and Joshua's father were adopted, its impossible to one of them to be the canon parent.
That one is actually fairly easy; it could be done with a surrogate (someone donates their eggs or sperm). There are also uterine replicators (false wombs if you will) which could carry a child to term. If one wants to get really crazy, cloning is an option; heck, it is theoretically possible in the present day for humans, so if one allows for an advance of several hundred years...
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

I don't really know a lot about what we can do about reproduction today but a quick look on the net give me this

http://phys.org/news/2010-12-reproducti ... thers.html (2010)

and

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... women.html (2015)

so this what is happening today so in a few hundred year....beside I'm not a expert but for a child to have 2 biogical fathers/mothers seen a like a walk in the park compared to going to live on a planet who is several billion light year away from earth.

so in PS universe where space travel is possible, same-sex reproduction should be easy.