update on gameplay

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

update on gameplay

Post by jack1974 »

So I might be doing this a bit differently :) Doing a full TD with animations and whatever turned out to be a bit of a nightmare for several reasons, so I'm reconsidering my options.
At worst, will turn this into a RPG, but I wanted to do something different this time. I was thinking to do a mix between a strategy game and a "card game" even if it wouldn't really be a card game, since the actions wouldn't be random but depending on parameters and skills unlocked with level ups.
I'll need to think more about it and make some prototypes, which very likely will make public to get early feedback (of course they would feature my awesome programmer's art :lol:).
I don't want to delay the game too much considering the writing and art is going very well so far (the music is already finished, so...).
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: update on gameplay

Post by Miakoda »

I would say I'm roughly 70% done with the Missions ^_^

And considering what the artist is doing, I think that will please fans of his style :D
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Go for it, whatever works for you, I'll still buy the shit out of it :lol: .
Isn't undead Lilly a "card" game too (not a problem, but conflicts in some ways with the different statement)?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes Undead Lily should be a "proper" card game. This one should be more a turn based strategy, something I always wanted to try since long time. Of course, nothing is definitive yet until I make some tests :)
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Turn-based strategy? Sounds good. A few additions later we'll be expecting something close to Sid Meier's Civilization with romance options! :P
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

fabulaparva wrote:Turn-based strategy? Sounds good. A few additions later we'll be expecting something close to Sid Meier's Civilization with romance options! :P
Hey Lady Deirdre Skye is mine ;)

Though Ahki Zeta-Five is fine in a cyborg sort of way :D
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

fabulaparva wrote:Turn-based strategy? Sounds good. A few additions later we'll be expecting something close to Sid Meier's Civilization with romance options! :P
Wait, this is... a small game... NOooooooooooo :mrgreen:
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Miakoda wrote:
Hey Lady Deirdre Skye is mine ;)

Though Ahki Zeta-Five is fine in a cyborg sort of way :D
:D I knew I should've played the Alpha Centauri version of CIV, too!
In any case, all of the different CIV games should've had more options on how to win the game. Diplomacy, domination by conquer or culture, points over time... then why not ROMANCE ALL THE ADVERSARIES?

jack1974 wrote: Wait, this is... a small game... NOooooooooooo :mrgreen:
Yes, a small game indeed. I do realize that and that's why I wouldn't dream of suggesting for you to make it an online, multiplayer turn-based strategy game. :lol:
Foelhe
Young scout

Post by Foelhe »

jack1974 wrote:
Wait, this is... a small game... NOooooooooooo :mrgreen:
Will it be as small as Season of the Wolf, do you think? :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No!! :lol:
That's exactly what I want to avoid :) I want to build some basic system which should be fun to play but not that long. Something like Heartstone with few rules but well done so that there's variety in the gameplay. Of course easier said than done...!