Art Thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread

Post by Franka »

The problem here is that Roboant isn't spelled out on the screen, so you don't know what unit you're referring to.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait, in the tutorial's previous step we teach the player to use it since it now has double attack, so player should know what card is it. I think is better if you wait to play the tutorial and then let me know if is OK :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I see. I'm not the right person to comment on the tutorial anyway, I get this stuff. :wink:
jack1974 wrote:One thing I'm unsure is if to go on with the fixed decks until end of tutorial, or simply allow the deck builder but restrict the available hero to the one who accompany you in the mission (in the first 9, each of the other team members goes with you in a specific order).
I already think 10 tutorial missions is a bit much, the sooner I can mess around with the deck builder, the better. Maybe it would be possible to already have a deck filled out for the mission, but then you can choose to change cards in the deck builder? Also, random draws make the game a lot more interesting, so the sooner we get to those, the better again.

Of course we don't want to lose players because they don't understand the rules, so I don't know... Better to make the first few tutorial missions really thorough, I think.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have to ask Anima if is possible to have a deck already filled out, since that could be a good solution. For the step by step tutorial, I think already the first one should help a lot more than before. But since I have some players who were stuck in previous demo, I'll ask them if now is enough (once I release the new demo).

edit: I HAD ALREADY asked that feature in the past and Anima added it already. Yes I'm working too much :mrgreen:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Not to take away from the Demo, but the artist is still making some additional art:

And there is going to be a female equivalent of this.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Wow that looks awesome love that artwork.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the "female version" of the renegade outcast.
Why are you asking!??!!? NO. She can't be romanced. Don't you see she is engaged with the previous guy!? do you want to ruin a family? you're a monster! :mrgreen:

Also, added the portraits. It's SO MUCH BETTER NOW. You can associate faces to names much more easily, especially when someone is talking offscreen. It was obvious was a good move, I don't know why I didn't add it in the first place...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

adding the new card borders for next update :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Mission 19 has been fun to code/design. I added the possibility to have two custom cards in it:
in practice in the story you can stun an enemy with Galina (shooting a cocktail on the giant aliens) and then charm it with Mira's special device. Of course, enemies will rush trying to kill Mira ASAP. It's quite fun, in some cases by luck can be a little too easy, but I'll keep it as it is, since is cool to play :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I confess had to look in the vocabulary to understand what genome and gamete means :mrgreen: