Art Thread

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art Thread

Post by jack1974 »

After mission 20, there are a LOT of scenes in which all previous choices will matter, sometimes changing some dialogue options, whole scenes, or even the kind of enemies you'll face in a battle. So while until now I was able more or less do to 5 mission/scenes a week, this last part will need a bit of more attention (also because all the romances will unlock, so I need to add all the CGs and check a lot of stuff!).
Anyway I thought to add a "telltale-style" notification whenever you make a choice with a long-term impact. So I've been going back to the early scenes adding this :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Shiler's facial expression could curdle milk! Is she jealous? She also looks older in this one than the original.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The older look is because of the artist style (but I agree looks cuter in the original). There's a particular CG though in which she looks good I think :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

GEEK / NERD ROMANCE POWER! :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Romance? It looks like she just shot him!
jack1974 wrote:The older look is because of the artist style (but I agree looks cuter in the original). There's a particular CG though in which she looks good I think :)
I've noticed all the expressions with wrinkles seem to make the characters look 20 years older than when their faces are smoothed out. Now I'm a little unsure on their actual ages.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well if you're used to the manga look, where people of 60 years looks barely 18... :wink:
But jokes apart yeah, it's very different from comic or manga, for obvious reasons (this is painted style). If you check some pictures of young people when they smile you'll see those "wrinkles" too :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

i really like the art style it seems to bring the character to life more, and characterize them more fully.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This artist will work on Roger Steel (the steampunk RPG) because old one quit. I like both his style but also the more manga ones. Honestly I liked all the various styles of all artists that worked on my games so far :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

I would hope you liked them, since you hired them ... but yeah, I have liked the artwork in your games as well even the different style ones.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha sorry, I actually meant: I like equally all the various styles. I mean, I see that PSCD is more realistic, but I like also Nicole's artist, Loren's, etc. The only kind of style I really don't like much is when is too "stylized manga" (with weird anatomy so that characters seems too childish).