choose your own romance!

A VN/CCG hybrid game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/pscd.htm

who you want to romance as male player?

Mizuki (left)
63%
Charlotte (right)
37%

Total votes: 239

jack1974
Pack leader

choose your own romance!

Post by jack1974 »

:lol: I'm in the very early stages of this game, and of course I'm working on SOTW now, but since I need to produce the art in advance, I have a VERY TOUGH CHOICE. I need to choose one of those two characters as a possible love interest playing as male. The "discarded one" will very likely become lesbian only for a possible next game of another genre but on same universe.
I am quite dubious since both of them looks great. So, I made this poll :mrgreen:
Sylrissa
Druid

Re: choose your own romance!

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote: The "discarded one" will very likely become lesbian only for a possible next game of another genre but on same universe.
They both look really good, kinda curious about the phrasing there, does that mean it's going to be a BxG only game?, since the "discarded one" will end up in the next game rather then just for the other character?.

I really tend to like a good TD game and one set in your PS universe would be great, it's just that part that worries me.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For plot reasons, in the TD game you can only play as male (also I think not many female players like TD games? not sure, but is not the main reason anyway).
But even if overall in my games you mostly play as female main character, so even if in one game you play as male wouldn't be much unfair, I still wanted to balance this so in another game set in the same universe and with same art-style, you could play as female only :)

Hope I explained better now! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anyway, is still early in development, so I could even allow a female main character if I find a way to fit it in the story. But what I don't want to do is see 10 characters all bisexual. So I want to decide who is straight, who is gay, and there could be a FEW bisexual ones maybe.
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

jack1974 wrote:Anyway, is still early in development, so I could even allow a female main character if I find a way to fit it in the story. But what I don't want to do is see 10 characters all bisexual. So I want to decide who is straight, who is gay, and there could be a FEW bisexual ones maybe.
That part sounds good, and I understand if you can't fit a female player character in the end, like with Bionic heart I just didn't play it (like I'd accept if guys did the same thing about Nicole or Heileen etc only have female playable)
jack1974 wrote:also I think not many female players like TD games? not sure, but is not the main reason anyway
Good to know it's not your main reason because I disagree with that, I and many female friends I know love TD games, but then I don't have any figures about the actual age and gender statistics of your average TD player so you might be right idk.

But thank you, yes you helped explain it and made it much more clear, thank you.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well no point keeping it secret (besides are just the forum, is not a press release) but in the story you would play as John Nelson :mrgreen:
So it had to be male, because I wouldn't know how to fit a female player and give her same importance. An alternative idea could be that you're the son/daughter of John Nelson (in Planet Stronghold you're the niece/nephew). Anyway, something I'll brainstorm with the writer who is someone who played all my games so will be able to give me some ideas :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Goodluck brainstorming with your writer, and I'll sure you'll find what works and what doesn't in the many months ahead since it's only early in development. I know I've said this in the past but thanks again for always being so open about discussing and getting feedback from your fans.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You're welcome :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

It's a shame one couldn't retcon some of the history in Planet Stronghold. After all, as established, Lisa/Joshua are the niece/nephew of John Nelson...which indicates John had at least one sibling, say a sister.

I think it could have been awesome if John and his sister had tried to bring peace to the planet; maybe one is especially remembered by the humans, while the aliens may remember the other.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah this could be a good idea indeed :) anyway my idea was to use the female in another game which wouldn't be a TD but a builder, so while John would be remembered for the "conquest" the other would be remembered for her "rebuilding" skills. But will think about it, maybe there's a solution to make everyone happy :)