SotW Deluxe Edition

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
stuartpierce
Young scout

SotW Deluxe Edition

Post by stuartpierce »

Well, I guess I screwed up.
I recently bought Loren the Amazon Deluxe Edition, which included the expansion.
The Buy Tales of Aravorn: Seasons Of The Wolf Deluxe Edition page on Steam lists a Deluxe Edition, and unlike on the Loren page, there is no explanation of what it is. I assumed it would include the expansion. Instead of I got MP3s and wallpaper, which I don't care about at all.

Stuart
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SotW Deluxe Edition

Post by jack1974 »

No, doing those "bundles" on Steam was really a pain, they just announced a new system in these days so that developers can do it on their own. Before you had to tell them and wait some days, and I did the "Deluxe" when the DLC was not out yet. Once the new system is active I'll add the DLC to the Deluxe, so there's no such confusion anymore.
stuartpierce
Young scout

Post by stuartpierce »

Ok, I purchased and installed the expansion.
I downloaded the SOTW-1.0.9.5 patch.
I extracted the patch.
I copied all the patch files over the existing folder Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Aravorn Seasons Of The Wolf.
Now it won't run.
Can you help please?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 22, in script
init -1500 python in achievement:
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 218, in <module>
raise Exception("_renpysteam module is too old. (want version %d, got %d)" % (steam.version, want_version))
Exception: _renpysteam module is too old. (want version 1, got 2)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Aravorn Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 281, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Aravorn Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\main.py", line 401, in main
game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 22, in script
init -1500 python in achievement:
File "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Aravorn Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tales of Aravorn Seasons Of The Wolf\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00achievement.rpy", line 218, in <module>
raise Exception("_renpysteam module is too old. (want version %d, got %d)" % (steam.version, want_version))
Exception: _renpysteam module is too old. (want version 1, got 2)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
Seasons Of The Wolf 1.0.9.5
stuartpierce
Young scout

Post by stuartpierce »

Ok, I got it working. Instead of copying over the existing version, I deleted the folder under steamapps completely (except for bonus content), and then moved the 1.0.9.5 into it's place.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you can't mix the Steam with non-Steam version (or in general extract archives overwriting other archives of my games) since it could cause several issues.
Be warned though that if you extract my VN-Mode version in forums, the Steam achievements won't work (since I just built it to test here, I haven't uploaded a beta on Steam). You can still play the game, but no achievements :)
stuartpierce
Young scout

Post by stuartpierce »

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I can probably live without the achievements. If the 1.0.9.5 swats some bugs that are in the release version, that's still the version I want.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well mostly has the new experimental VN mode, but it shouldn't fix any particular bugs vs the release version :)