Bug in the DLC

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Ganner
Young scout

Bug in the DLC

Post by Ganner »

Hi,

I found a weird behavior during the defense of Ninim minigame.

Is it normal to be able to do the special event of the day (like freeing prisoners), then still protect haversters ?

It can easily be done if you first select the event, then the action of the day (specifically in this order). I did all the DLC this way without thinking it could be a bug, but the dialogs seeemed to hint it shouldn't be possible. Trying back later, I discovered that choosing first to protect harvesters, then choosing the event canceled the protection of the harvesters.

Seems like a glitch that many players have exploited without beeing aware of it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Bug in the DLC

Post by jack1974 »

I need to check it again, I don't even remember anymore the mechanics in detail :) But I think you can do the special event of the day and you can still use the soldier to protect whoever you want.
Ganner
Young scout

Re: Bug in the DLC

Post by Ganner »

I remember that at some point, the gnolls are scaring the animals away to starve Ninim, halving the retrieved food supplies. One character then notes that the party could hunt down those gnolls, but that meanwhile others would be able to capture the workers. That's what tipped me off.