My LogiCenter got a short circuit.

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Beardy Bro
Young scout

My LogiCenter got a short circuit.

Post by Beardy Bro »

i just started playing DLC and the begining of the story just blow my LogicCenter.
We killed few shapeshifters,so some of them wanted REVENGE (i.e. kill us)
so Daddy Bear stood against them and die (they killed him)
so basicaly,if we kill few SS(ShapeShifters) in selfedefence they demand vengeance,but if they kill BADASS VERY ELDER SS it's totally OKAY no consequence followed. so they can kill each other with no price to pay,but when we kill in selfdefence they go full retard. - :shock:

second, in the end they DIDN'T kill even a single villager(only Daddy Bear),but smashed our bakery,so this was enought for them for thier vengeance ???hahahaha LOL they remind me of mentally challenged kids.

i was sitting on the chair like that - :shock: trying to process wtf i just read.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: My LogiCenter got a short circuit.

Post by jack1974 »

Uhm no, it's not what you said:
1) party killed shapeshifters
2) Father Bear gets angry but they explain it, and he decides to believe/forgive them. JUST HIM.
3) it's the OTHER SHAPESHIFTERS that kill Father Bear, because they don't want to forgive the party. Then, they went to Ninim to kill everyone, but they have left in the meanwhile.
4) The villagers and party took refuge in a special clearing with magic on it, as explained later, that protects them. The shapeshifter then destroy the town in rage, since they can't find the villagers. In a cold region like that losing your home usually means death (even if they don't know they are in a safe place).

There will be consequences to Bear death. You just need to read more of the story :wink:
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

i know that party killed SS,but AFAIR it was in self-defence,so vengeance is just stupid,unless you are bloodthirsty badshit crazy ork or smtn.
there were no reason to kill bear tho,they could'v subdue him or somtn,killing your guardian for no reason at all is just plain stupid.
but if you saying they are notsobright then everything make sense.
i'm just trying to find on what logic their action is based on.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Maybe will ask writer if he can come explain better than me :)
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

i'm now in the spirit world,but every1 implying,that it's US who killed bear,when it was THEM who killed him when he stand against them.
that's makes me confused. it look like there are error in plotflag or somtng and my save in DLC flagged as if i killed him.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No it was written so that could work in both cases. Even if you didn't kill him in the main game, the spirit still blame you because was with your actions that you put Bear vs the other shapeshifters. Writing different plots based on all the decisions was a bit too much (just for the romances there's already a lot of branching).
Taleweaver
Official writer

Post by Taleweaver »

What the shapeshifters are really upset about is
1) the cabal of dark wizards corrupting their forest with dark magic
2) the Dingirrans hunting and capturing them.

As the shapeshifters explain later, just a few of them dying isn't that big of a deal. Death is a natural part of life. It's the things that are NOT natural that enrage them.
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

uff i've made it to the end..and i can give you one advice...
NEVEr,NEVEREVEREVER again put word "beloved" and "my love" between the words.
time to time it's okay,but when you put it like that "hello my love,did you find anything my love ? i couldn't find find anything my love,mylovemy lovemylovemylove ... "
it just distract and at 20th time starting to sound strange and annoy. for story and immersion it's only good in little amount,but it's just so overused in DLC.
i'd call it Seasons Of The Wolf: My Love :lol:
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I thought it was cute and adorable show of affection, but that's just my personal reaction to it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, just to understand the problem is with the word repeated? if instead used my dear, sweetheart, etc would be OK?