SOTW 1.0.87 - Bad Blood DLC

The tale of the siblings Althea and Shea https://www.winterwolves.com/seasonsofthewolf.htm
Troyen
Elder Druid

Re: SOTW 1.0.8 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by Troyen »

Shea scene, day 11
Spoiler:
Riley: "They think the rest of us is in Ninim!" <-- should be "are in Ninim"

Gnoll Warrior A used Counter Attack.
Riposte increased by 7400%. <-- wow, that's a lot. That right?
Althea scene
Spoiler:
Demon waves fight:
The second demon to spawn canceled my swap action. Instead, my characters remained where they were prior to the text, and then all the enemies got a free round on my front-row character. :(
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

gamesempie wrote:
So far I haven't crashed with the test file you sent me, and I've been reloading a bit.
Are you talking about the file I sent, because that's weird since I tried reloading multiple times to find a way around it and it always happened. The save file I sent was of "The Mountains Around Ninim: Day 48, Arboris", correct?
No, I'm talking about the test.rypc that kept crashing my game when I tried to load a save.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Spoiler:
Why can't I choose to kill Jariel instead of Rowinda? He's been asking for it half the game!

Also, in the follow-up Shea segment, I can't seem to rollback over the text. Same during the "Palisade Constructed" conversation.
I can only do two camps and then the screen goes black and I return to the main menu. But at least now you know the palisade is doable on nightmare, with at least two days to spare too. I'll have to wait for the next update to finish.

Also, the day counter doesn't update when I search for gnoll camps. I check both the first and the second on Day 52, Arboris.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll check the DA battles now. I'll make the spiders a bit harder, and also check the small discrepancies you found :) Anyway cool the crash doesn't happen anymore, it's what I thought then!
gamesempie wrote:Ohh and in act 4 were Krimm and Rowinda suppose to be in there casual "warm weather" clothes instead of fur clothes like everyone else?
They don't have a "winter clothes" version, that's why :oops: Krimm doesn't need it, and Rowinda is a living volcano (unofficial explanation!)

The riposte increase text is obviously wrong, should be 74% and not 7400% :lol:

The blocked rollback is probably because I commented a line by mistake in the test.rpyc file I sent you, so should be fixed on next update.

Anyway you got the "quit to desktop" error too, good means it always happen. I didn't notice it because never finished the game while testing with the chance to explore TWO locations, just one :) I'll take a look today at it!
Spoiler:
As for why you can't choose to kill Jariel... obviously no romanceable character can be killed :wink:
Oh and about the DA mysterious death:
Spoiler:
I missed it too initially, but in the case you choose "killing whoever is responsible" (second option) and then kill alchemist (second option again) Althea actually KILLS the alchemist before the battle with her bodyguards begins! So that's why she is surprised that she is still alive after the battle, even if the DA wasn't in it. I replayed the scene and made sense.
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

I have to say...
Spoiler:
I was REALLY creeped out by the Althea/Chalassa ending CG. I mean, Althea looked like she was a little kid, and not in a metaphoric way, I mean, PHYSICALLY a little girl. Don't get me wrong, the art is gorgeous and I loved it, but it was kind of downer to see her that way. No matter, is just a small complain, and I don't really want to come across as a winy fan.
And that question: "why can't we kill Jariel"...
Spoiler:
I wish I could. Nothing against him, it's just that I really love Rowinda, and since Chalassa could be killed in the normal game, I sort of expected having an option; but then again, he need to be alive to be accounting the events of the DLC. T___T At least I can imagine that Rowinda did find her way back to the party after her "Lava diving" experiment, and after a good slapping session, forgave everyone.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

About the Chalassa/Althea CG:
Spoiler:
Ah I didn't had that impression. I thought she looks like a young lady "inside" (and she is, considering elves live for centuries!). But in the image she didn't seem like a little girl. Maybe is the pose, both the crying pose and the fact that she is lying on Chalassa's arm so she seems taller than Althea?
About the poor Jariel :lol:
Spoiler:
Haha you know! I would pick Rowinda 10 times over Jariel too. I know this is personal tastes of course, but I don't like the "good polite educated guys" like him neither. Crazy warlock? much better :mrgreen: Though as you said, the after credits prologue shows that we haven't seen the last from her...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: SOTW 1.0.8.1 - Bad Blood DLC beta

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the save, was useful to fix the "quit to main menu" bug :)
Now I played and should work. Note that for it to work you need to rollback/load a scene BEFORE the map is shown the first time. Also, is normal that you get the Council threatened scene 1 day before the deadline. So in the saves I got for example had 2 days left, but you can correctly search only 1 gnoll camp.
I believe after this update all the major problems are fixed, and should make the final release soon!
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Did you fix all those grammar mistakes? I didn't go back to check but I think I saw some still there in 1.0.8.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

The crash is back:
Spoiler:
I tried killing the council, made it to Althea's segment, then reloaded my choice and boom:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1508, in script call
File "game/plot/DLC.rpy", line 8078, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 68, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 287, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/main.py", line 375, in main
run(restart)
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/main.py", line 77, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/execution.py", line 684, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/plot/map.rpy", line 1508, in script call
File "game/plot/DLC.rpy", line 8078, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/ast.py", line 728, in execute
statement_name("label")
File "/Users/troyen/Downloads/SOTW-1.0.8.1-all/renpy/ast.py", line 41, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 68, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined

Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.1.329
Seasons Of The Wolf 1.0.8.1
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Spoiler:
Do exploring the caves actually make a difference? I found a mammoth so there appears to be some random chance for something, but I dunno if it affects the plot.

I'll have to try the council alive later. I got unlucky with the ratmen shop this act and now I'm short on healing/rejuv potions. Krimm's wave is pretty rough. If you wanted to be nice, you could increase the potion supply they sell. :) None of their equipment has been useful all expansion.

In an alternate universe: if you kill the council, your party heals between gnoll waves, but Daronas and the guard do not. Also, with a four man party and Daronas the warrior, I think it'd be more helpful to have the archer volunteer than the warrior guard. And that's even with a non-Ranger Shea.